• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Notes and Photos - Day 6 - Come and get it

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, The Lone Panther said:

Not crazy about hearing Bene maybe going back to Nickle.  He didn't play too well there. 

bene was an awesome nickel. he got kicked outside last year when peanut went down because courtland finnegan was a much much worse CB2 than he was a nickel. for all the talk of using his talents to play on the perimeter he is a much better player facing slot receivers and always has been.

1 hour ago, PhillyB said:

bene was an awesome nickel. he got kicked outside last year when peanut went down because courtland finnegan was a much much worse CB2 than he was a nickel. for all the talk of using his talents to play on the perimeter he is a much better player facing slot receivers and always has been.

Agree. Bene' is a solid outside CB but an excellent slot corner. We're going to play him where he can help us the most.

2 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Don't know why but the idea of starting 2 rookie corners is so exciting to me. 

I know why. Gentleman drafted them and Gettleman knows talented football players when he sees them. Besides that, all three of these guys are obviously smart and will learn the system pretty quickly.

I honestly think we will be in nickel way less than we have been in the past. I expect we will play a ton of base 4-3 with Shaq covering the slot. So our "third" corner shouldn't be on the field all that much. So if Bene is working a ton in the slot that could be a bad sign.

Archived