• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Notes and Photos - Day 6 - Come and get it

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

I think they are every bit as athletic as J No. Just maybe not as aggressive and competitive. I think the overall athleticism has gone up at the cost of experience.

Thanks. That sounds about right. I'm sure the aggressiveness will come with more time and reps. I can't wait to see them in some pre season games.

Thomas Davis and Luke Kuechly enjoyed a conversation before practice. It struck me that you would be hard pressed to find a tighter couple of guy in the entire history of the Carolina Panthers. I feel like it is the friendship they share that has absolutely contributed to their individual accomplishments on the field. How could it not?

“I think if you can effect the passer, you look at a linebacker like Thomas who is good one on one. He can make guys miss and get after the quarterback, that’s big” Kuechly said. “If you can play three phases as a back, you can cover, you can play the run, you can rush (the passer), it’s pretty good.”

“That’s what Thomas does really well. He is good at all three. You can learn a lot from him” he added

The above from yesterday's article on Luke working to get better.

You probably could not find 2 better guys in the NFL.  What also strikes me is Luke's humility, looking at where he can improve and then working hard to do it.  It is awesome that he has his role model and mentor right next to him.  That they are such good friends, as you said, just amplifies everything.

26 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

The above from yesterday's article on Luke working to get better.

You probably could not find 2 better guys in the NFL.  What also strikes me is Luke's humility, looking at where he can improve and then working hard to do it.  It is awesome that he has his role model and mentor right next to him.  That they are such good friends, as you said, just amplifies everything.

And the best part is Shaq Thompson is right behind those two. We could very well have the best 4-3 linebacking corps in the league; especially when you consider the depth.

There was a comment in the article regarding  #1 and #2 corner. Serious question: In our defense is there a distinction? I know Norman was our best cb but we kept hearing that he doesn't follow the best receiver buthat plays a side of the field.....or maybe more correctly he didn't necessarily follow a player around but plays a role.  I understand WR1 and WR2 comes from fantasy considerations but what is the significance of CB1 or CB2?

14 minutes ago, The Lone Panther said:

Not crazy about hearing Bene maybe going back to Nickle.  He didn't play too well there. 

You have to have more than one competent nickel corner in case one gets hurt, plus Riveria  said that they're trying to find out where Bene's home is right now, so they're not just limiting him to nickel.

15 minutes ago, csx said:

There was a comment in the article regarding  #1 and #2 corner. Serious question: In our defense is there a distinction? I know Norman was our best cb but we kept hearing that he doesn't follow the best receiver buthat plays a side of the field.....or maybe more correctly he didn't necessarily follow a player around but plays a role.  I understand WR1 and WR2 comes from fantasy considerations but what is the significance of CB1 or CB2?

Norman would flip sides but not follow into the slot. 

Not sure it matters as much with Bradberry and Worley as they're basically physically the same.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

TE Scott Simonson has been getting plenty of reps with the first and second teams, maybe as many as Dickson. This could mean that Dickson and Simonson are in direct competition for that number 2 tight end spot, with the 3rd spot being already claimed by seventh round draft pick Beau Sandland.

I'm confused, are you saying that the guys fighting for #2 TE will get cut if they lose that camp battle, or did you mean Sandland has #4 TE wrapped up?

3 hours ago, 15 said:

he tried to make it sound like the dude tore his ACL again when it wasn't anything serious at all. and then claimed that nobody thinks Hill is good anyways and has no chance (even though he is already an average bubble player anyways). This is the first I've heard of him having a bad day all around so idk where he's getting that or why he would make such a bold statement. 

Who's making poo up now? Voth said that various people in the team and around camp who he trusts have told him "he's not the same player he was before the injuries".

1) Voth never said he'd blown his ACL again, not that I saw. 2) Hill was in the tent today getting the ACL knee looked at and then, walking slowly, went inside. It might not be in the end, but how are you saying it wasn't anything serious at all?

3 hours ago, 15 said:

then I remembered he's a below average media guy that needs clicks.

What's the matter mate did Voth make fun of something stupid you said on Twitter?

Name a media guy covering the Panthers who's better.

56 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

tempDay7137--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?widt

Love Teddy getting in on the picture with the kids.

Archived