• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Speed Kills - back to back touchdowns

Jeremy Igo

24 minutes ago, WilmyWood said:

I absolutely love watching Ginn get separation so he can turn on the afterburners...man he can fly...

I like the the way he's protecting that ball! Peanut himself would have trouble punching that out.

I think that Byrd has a real shot, especially since he's been returning kicks in camp as well. Then again, Norwood, Hill, and Philly have been looking good as well; should be a fun preseason. 

2 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

I'm really pulling for Damiere Byrd, if he can perform. How does his size limit him against corners? 

His size limits him because he's more susceptible to getting jammed at the line, and it's easier to knock him off/delay his routes.  You see a lot of guys like that shine in mini camp/OTA's, and fade away when the pads go on.  I'm pulling for him as well.

Pass rush will be much more important this year than last. I'd applaud Ginn but those are rookies back there so he should be burning them. Bad news for secondary that they made it look much too easy.

We won't know officially until we play another team but I think we'll need veteran help to create pressure until the rooks get it or if they're not ready a vet corner

Just one point of disagreement:

"From there, nothing stood between Ted Ginn and the end zone but open turf. Ten times out of ten, that will be an touchdown for the Carolina Panthers"

Maybe 8 times out of 10. Ginn does have the dropsies at times. Otherwise I completely agree.

And also, I am very excited for Damiere Byrd as well. USC pride aside for a second, the kid has so much potential. He could be our Ginn replacement.

1 hour ago, Nick_81 said:

His size limits him because he's more susceptible to getting jammed at the line, and it's easier to knock him off/delay his routes.  You see a lot of guys like that shine in mini camp/OTA's, and fade away when the pads go on.  I'm pulling for him as well.

It's not like Ginn is that much bigger & he seemed to have a successful season. Also if you have lighting speed like Byrd you can make up the ground when delayed by  the jam. 

5 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

It's not like Ginn is that much bigger & he seemed to have a successful season. Also if you have lighting speed like Byrd you can make up the ground when delayed by  the jam. 

He asked, " How does his size limit him against corners?"  I answered his question.  It doesn't mean it can't be overcome, or that nobody has ever done it.

Archived