• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Running Backs Update

Jeremy Igo

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

I care about all the Panther players.

The only one's I can frankly admit I care "more" about than others are players that come from my college alma mater.  All the players outside of that?  Like'em all equally.

fair enough, I just don't care about a lot of 3rd strings. And i don't mean like the 3rd cb or wr, bc they are obviously very important. I mean like the 3rd string center and the like

18 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Betting the coaches are giving more and better reps to those running backs that their coach's eyes tell them will be more productive in their NFL offense.

I mean, that's what they do at all the other positions, right?  So running backs should be no different?

While REPs should go to those starters and backup before the rest.  Seems to me everyone on the 90 man roster has the eyes of the coaches as being productive players in the NFL.  Isn't that why they are here in the first place? This is the time you sort out those that are better than others.

Running Back is probably one of those positions where the Starter doesn't need a whole lot of reps.  Other than just getting back in the groove.  Hitting the hole quickly hasn't change in 75+ yrs of football.

I am sure we didn't save Wegher a spot on the team last year so we could enhance the UNDRAFTED TV Series. Seems we felt he has the potential to be a contributor to a team.   Best way IMO is to put him with the big boys and go from there. 

6 hours ago, stbugs said:

To the folks who like Wegher, what type of upside do you think he has? Is it really enough to worry about? Again, I am thinking DG is looking ahead and I think there is very high upside RBs (like circa 2009 Panthers upside) in the 2017 draft.

Wegher hits the hole quickly and has a good feel for the open field.  He seems pretty stout and IMO when he gets to the second level all bets are off.   He has some serious wheels.

10 hours ago, stbugs said:

To the folks who like Wegher, what type of upside do you think he has?

Have you seen his college highlights? Granted, part of the reel is a lower level of competition, but there are also plays here from his time at Iowa.

Archived