• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers notes and photos - Day 5

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Good stuff today. Sanchez, Cash, Klein... some of the lesser talked about fellas worthy of discussion.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2016/08/01/carolina-panthers-training-camp-5/

Please use this thread for discussion and such. 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Good stuff today. Sanchez, Cash, Klein... some of the lesser talked about fellas worthy of discussion.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2016/08/01/carolina-panthers-training-camp-5/

Please use this thread for discussion and such. 

Good write up Jeremy as always. It's good to see Jeremy Cash is playing multiple positions because it will add value to him and team overall if he can really stick. Special teams is probably where he will have to hang his hat on, and if he makes the roster, I can see him playing really good in the future.It's also good that the secondary is playing really well for now, but I will still reserve judgement until I see them play in the preseason and regular season. They will get tested a lot and often by teams, but if they can get their hands on some passes, I can really see them creating some turnovers. Time will really tell how good they can be in this defense. I think Gettleman really has an eye for talent.

Appreciate the update as always.  I'm glad that the rookie DBs seem to be impressive, but I think the true test will come when they're lined up against an opposing QB with a full playbook.  Wonder if the off-season optimism on Stephen Hill is subsiding a bit. 

Very nice.  Thanks for providing much more depth than what was being tweeted today.

Excited with CAP's progress.

Also, Oline is sounding like they're improving.

We've still not heard too much about the Dline, (thinking of DEs / pass rush mostly) but I guess given that we can't sack QBs in practice, only the preseason games will really reveal much of how they're doing. 

@Jeremy Igo at this point do you think Horton and Delaire are the next two DEs on the depth chart behind CJ, Ealy & Mario? 

Also: of these 6 players, which 2 or 3 do you currently think have the best chance to make the roster based on their snaps so far and what you've seen/heard?:

• Ball
  • Cash
  • Deaver
  • Lucas
  • Marlowe
  • Young

Really appreciate your great updates and your photos.   Just how valuable your reporting is was shown today when most beat reporters were tweeting that Hill dropped a pass, when instead it was Ball that forced the incomplete with a great Peanut Punch!

Great stuff all around. 

How nice is it for Sandland to have one of the best in the league as a mentor? Not only as a player but Greg is a great example of how a professional studies, trains and works hard -non stop. We actually have quite a few like that on this team. 

6 minutes ago, TylerVagyler said:

Interesting that you noted Cash's coverage skills. I remember during the draft everyone was saying that was his biggest weakness.

Can we keep 6 LBs? Luke, TD, Shaq, AJ, Jacobs, Cash? 

in an interview on panthers.com Rivera was talking about Kyle Love and the DT rotation and mentioned having a tough decision of whether the 5th DT is as valuable as "a 5th DE or a 7th LB". so maybe 6 LB is a given, with some clearly marked for ST.

9 minutes ago, TylerVagyler said:

Can we keep 6 LBs? Luke, TD, Shaq, AJ, Jacobs, Cash? 

Don't forget about David Mayo in that list.  Given that we could be saying goodbye to AJ, Mayo could become increasingly important as depth at MLB.

1 minute ago, KillerKat said:

I can see something weird happening like 4 TEs and 6 CBs

Yea, I can't figure out how the numbers will work but I get the feeling we are going to be using the other TE position differently this year. You have to mix it up a little every season. 

3 hours ago, vorbis said:

in an interview on panthers.com Rivera was talking about Kyle Love and the DT rotation and mentioned having a tough decision of whether the 5th DT is as valuable as "a 5th DE or a 7th LB". so maybe 6 LB is a given, with some clearly marked for ST.

interesting. 

Archived