• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lockdown: Carolina Panthers secondary wins the day

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

It's too early to tell with this secondary, but, I don't recall Norman ever impressing in this way ever.  So, hoping this leads to great corner play in games. 

Well, to be fair, Norman he was a standout at camp every year.  Just getting him to play the system, as we all know, was the problem.  Thus far, it looks like the current rookies are putting the system first.  Everything we've seen/heard so far, is that they're in position on most plays.  They already have the athleticism and instincts, so what's left is technique, and learning the system.  As long as they stick to what they're doing now, the game changing plays will follow(which they have in camp), and that's what has me so excited with the reports thus far.  

16 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I'd take it down a few notches. They still have tons to learn but you can tell all three are very physically talented and coachable from the reports.

Yeah. Players have a good days and bad days and I'm wary of the snap judgements made on such short term observations. 

The thing that impressed me that most about these three rookies was how smart they sounded in their first interviews. A smart player will usually make up for that .2-.4 seconds slower  40 by not taking wrong steps. So far, Worley, Bradberry, and Sanchez are all living up to their first impression.

Archived