• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a great day for the Panthers offense.

Jeremy Igo

Not worried in the slightest. This could last all training camp and I wouldn't worry. Our defense is top notch and there is no gameplan. Not to mention it's as hot as the Devil's dick out there and Cam has ALWAYS been rusty in training camp and into a good part of the preseason. I'm just excited as hell that the defense (mainly Shaq) is balling out there.

Im perfectly fine with our offense struggling in camp. Every year for almost every team. Camp is a struggle on offense combine that with our offense going against the best defense in the NFL and I'd say that our offense is actually ahead of other team's offenses currently. Drops and INTs can be fixed with chemistry and relearning the system (remember also that our offense has a new snap count and different calls for audibles.) Our offense is fine. As long as it gets into motor by week 2 of the preseason

1 minute ago, Crazydounut said:

Im perfectly fine with our offense struggling in camp. Every year for almost every team. Camp is a struggle on offense combine that with our offense going against the best defense in the NFL and I'd say that our offense is actually ahead of other team's offenses currently. Drops and INTs can be fixed with chemistry and relearning the system (remember also that our offense has a new snap count and different calls for audibles.) Our offense is fine. As long as it gets into motor by week 2 of the preseason

Also I would rather have our offense struggling in the early stages of camp instead of our defense

1 hour ago, KB_fan said:

Thanks for the update Jeremy.  I'm not too worried.  Knocking off the rust.  Changing offense codes.  If they get the drops and miscues over with now, we should be good for the season.

Still expecting an explosive season on offense with KB back....  Plus:

Just saw this tweet from Kelli Storey.  I think Funchess' development will be a big story this year.

And cam is not a slow man. 

This was noted last year in an All-Pro thread (read: before Igo went all Univ. of Phoenix journalism degree on us).  Once the regular season started up and the defense showed out, it was obvious why training camp went the way it did.  Add to the fact that the defense got it's ass chewed out recently, so I bet they're bringing the focus.  Offense's turn to punch back.

12 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Is the D line getting to the QB?The offensive line pushing them back isn't a great sign either.

The pass rush has to be ON or else 

Remember neither CJ or Ealy were practicing today.

Sounds like some of the 2nd string DEs had good days though:

The talent along the defensive front goes deeper still, with tackle Chas Alecxihicon-article-link.gif and end Rakim Coxicon-article-link.gif putting some serious pressure on quarterback Derek Andersonicon-article-link.gif on back-to-back snaps.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Five-Practice-Observations-Day-4/c1415602-d0f6-42e0-b540-b8015c6b7143

8 minutes ago, SJTG4 said:

Gonna be real with you guys the D really wasn't as good as we say it was last year. First couple of games were hell they couldn't stop anybody

Luke was out for all but the first half of our 1st 4 games.  I think that had some impact! 

Plus Star was injured..., CJ battling injury.  Shaq having missed a lot of reps due to OTA injury and having to finish school.

No surprise that they weren't as strong early in the season.

4 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Remember neither CJ or Ealy were practicing today.

Sounds like some of the 2nd string DEs had good days though:

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Five-Practice-Observations-Day-4/c1415602-d0f6-42e0-b540-b8015c6b7143

The proof is in the preseason. Coach said he's worried about it and I am too.

Everybody here knows what I'm thinking so I'm just gonna sit back and watch these guys.

Elite pass rush with this offense means SB. You can't give Drew Brees ANY time at all. You want him making career decisions, not figuring out how to burn the rookies deep.

Archived