• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers notes and photos, day 3

Jeremy Igo

If Vernon Butler plays anything like he did in college, he will be pushed 3 to 5 yards off the ball consistently. No surprise what we are seeing on the practice field.

Bradberry has athleticism, but he lacks control and lets receivers get a step on him. He will need to toss those long arms out in hopes of making up for his inability to react quickly to a receiver. He lacks the read/reaction, the drive on the ball, and the body control Norman regularly displayed on the field. Bradberry also needs to prove he is not afraid of contact and to get hurt by throwing his body at the ball to make a play like Norman did. Bradberry was poor in clutch moments and pulled up on contact a lot at Samford. Most teams like Wofford, Furman, and Louisville just ran directly at Bradberry since they knew he has trouble getting off the block, engaging in contact, and making a tackle.

Expect many WRs to get behind Bradberry and Coleman like Philly Brown was able to do. Coleman better be ready to have the #1 WR target him like KB. The way he is getting abused by KB is expected. That is what Coleman has done his entire career against top WRs. See Julio Jones, Desean Jackson, and Brandin Cooks from 2015.

CAP will quickly fall down the depth chart once he starts fumbling the ball regularly and showing no push when hit square by a defender. First team defense will destroy CAP and Fozzy. Stewart and Wegher will be fine. Rockhead will be one to watch. CAP is only getting the first shot because he was drafted. I expect him to follow the path of Kenjon Barner.

On 7/31/2016 at 3:07 AM, TheSpecialJuan said:

Of course it had to start with Remmers getting beat by Johnson. It may just be me but the O-line didn't look to good in that video with some obvious exceptions. Hopefully they will get it together like they did for most of last season.

4 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

If Vernon Butler plays anything like he did in college, he will be pushed 3 to 5 yards off the ball consistently. No surprise what we are seeing on the practice field.

Bradberry has athleticism, but he lacks control and lets receivers get a step on him. He will need to toss those long arms out in hopes of making up for his inability to react quickly to a receiver. He lacks the read/reaction, the drive on the ball, and the body control Norman regularly displayed on the field. Bradberry also needs to prove he is not afraid of contact and to get hurt by throwing his body at the ball to make a play like Norman did. Bradberry was poor in clutch moments and pulled up on contact a lot at Samford. Most teams like Wofford, Furman, and Louisville just ran directly at Bradberry since they knew he has trouble getting off the block, engaging in contact, and making a tackle.

Expect many WRs to get behind Bradberry and Coleman like Philly Brown was able to do. Coleman better be ready to have the #1 WR target him like KB. The way he is getting abused by KB is expected. That is what Coleman has done his entire career against top WRs. See Julio Jones, Desean Jackson, and Brandin Cooks from 2015.

CAP will quickly fall down the depth chart once he starts fumbling the ball regularly and showing no push when hit square by a defender. First team defense will destroy CAP and Fozzy. Stewart and Wegher will be fine. Rockhead will be one to watch. CAP is only getting the first shot because he was drafted. I expect him to follow the path of Kenjon Barner.

Seriously, part of this post was on my screen, and it caught my eye. I started reading it without even knowing who wrote it and I said to myself, "Who is writing all this negativity?" I immediately thought, "It's gotta be CPantherKing," scrolled up, and lo' and behold...

8 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

You are the kind of person that would bitch if someone gave you a house and a brand new car in the garage....

Just go find another team.

9 hours ago, ichigo1057 said:

Of course it had to start with Remmers getting beat by Johnson. It may just be me but the O-line didn't look to good in that video with some obvious exceptions. Hopefully they will get it together like they did for most of last season.

haha yup.  But remember, our D line is one of the very best.

14 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

If Vernon Butler plays anything like he did in college, he will be pushed 3 to 5 yards off the ball consistently.

Bradberry has athleticism, but he lacks control and lets receivers get a step on him.

Bradberry was poor in clutch moments

Expect many WRs to get behind Bradberry and Coleman

CAP will quickly fall down the depth chart once he starts fumbling the ball regularly

CAP is only getting the first shot because he was drafted. I expect him to follow the path of Kenjon Barner.

Bless your pea-pickin' lil heart.

5 hours ago, caatfan said:

Should be on everyone's ignore list. His content is not worth a read, let alone a response. 

There's plenty of good, legitimate football conversation to be had on here. His posts contribute nothing to it.

He's basically the kid on the playground that nobody likes so he encourages everybody to make fun of him because it's the only attention he can get.

"Hey everybody! Look at how stupid I am! Isn't it funny? Will you like me if I keep making you laugh?  No?  Well, will you at least pay attention to me?"

Pretty pathetic, honestly.

Archived