• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for Cord Cutters

fitty76

Sling TV app also has ESPN and ESPN2 on the basic tier of service - $20 a month for those and other cable channels via Roku app...

Depending on who you are planning to cut the cord with, they may give you a deal to keep some services with them...

We cut TWC... had 2 DVRs and lots of channels, and good internet speed. $150 or so a month. I wanted to cut everything but internet, but they wanted to charge me $58 a month which was the standard rate. I talked them into giving me the same speed of internet with their "Starter TV" package, which is basically the over-the-air channels, for $48 and some change for a one year promotion. It saved me from having to buy a digital antenna completely (because TWC has a Roku app that acts like your digital receiver) and they give you a little Cisco tuner for older TVs that don't have a digital tuner built in.

So now we have the Roku with TWC for over-the-air stuff, the Sling TV app $20 a month for the two ESPNs plus other cable networks to add variety to what we watch, Netflix at like $10 a month occasionally, and a slew of other apps for stuff like HBO, etc that we use family members' passwords to enable... lol...

We don't miss out on much, and what we do I just torrent...

I've saved over $900 the past year with these methods. One day, TWC and other providers will realize that people aren't going to keep paying their insane rates when practically anything can be had via internet or more a la carte options.

I tried sling and it just never worked well. Too buggy and would freeze.

Then when my wife had fraud on her card i forgot to update that info on sling. I get an email to update and did the next day and i did it the next night. I get an email from sling it didn't work because it was over night and said uhh yeah im done.

Now with vue getting nfl network and red zone i should be covered.

Although i got a buddy who recently got the king daddy of man caves so i may spend each wkd there. Lol

Archived