• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for Cord Cutters

fitty76

I recently cut the cord, but I'm getting frustrated with the horrible antenna signals we get in this city.  WSOC works great.  WJCY and WCCB are spotty.  And WCNC and WBTV are terrible.  I'm probably going to have to go back to Direct TV because of this.  Anyone else having signal problems with their antennas?  And is there a way to get a good signal?  

http://tvfool.com

Where you put it makes a difference, sometimes which side too. Higher the better, closer to window, etc etc.

I'd recommend you buy a Roku, the new stick(**avoid the old one **) is great. I have a roku4, if you look hard enough you can find local channels. Couple great websites for Roku too.

I mounted an external omnidirectional antenna on the roof, ran the line to the pre existing house box. Bought an 8 port no loss amp that feeds all my sets. Then went and got a firestick off Amazon, side loaded Kodi, and forgot all about cable or satellite (and Netflix and Hulu). 

Like doe said, generate a tvfool report for your location. 

Eta: if you need some help or advice, pm me. 

Shuf said 50 and he must be in a high elevated yet centrally located area. Like somewhere near Greenville SC where you can get Greenville  Spartanburg and Asheville and Charlotte channels.  Not saying he does live there but you get the general idea of location  

You always get redundant channels.

10 hours ago, pstall said:

Shuf said 50 and he must be in a high elevated yet centrally located area. Like somewhere near Greenville SC where you can get Greenville  Spartanburg and Asheville and Charlotte channels.  Not saying he does live there but you get the general idea of location  

You always get redundant channels.

You are exactly right!

46 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I'm considering cutting, but I sure am going to miss my DVR/pause button watching football...only thing holding me back.

From what i see. Playstation vue has that feature.

So far i love this app on roku. 

Archived