• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rookie Watch: James Bradberry

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, Growl said:

I just mentioned this but I'll say it here since it's more specified. 

I thought Bradberry had a pretty poor outing yesterday, but he looked real good doing it. Legitimate h/w/s prospect.

Josh looked pretty poor much of last training camp against KB. I was actually encouraged by his performance. 

Josh wasn't NEEDED to be good right away - he grew into his role..

in 12, his rookie year, we had Gamble and Munnerlyn.. Josh showed flashes but wasn't truly ready yet.. 
in 13, we had Munnerlyn and Florence.. he would see time sparingly but then sent to the 'dog house'..
14 and 15 is when he finally put it together..

I hope Ron and the coaching staff can get these guys ready to play in the NFL in 3.5 weeks.. ::eek::

7 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

in 12, his rookie year, we had Gamble and Munnerlyn.. Josh showed flashes but wasn't truly ready yet.. 
in 13, we had Munnerlyn and Florence.. he would see time sparingly but then sent to the 'dog house'..

I hope Ron and the coaching staff can get these guys ready to play in the NFL in 3.5 weeks.. ::eek::

I think you're forgetting White, he did some real work and really never got much praise. At the same time, when he screwed up, he screwed up baaad. 

11 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

lol drayton florence

37 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Funny how much people forget. Go look at snap counts. Norman played more in 2012 than he did in 2014. He played 96% in 2015, 61% in 2014 and 73% in 2012. He had more tackles in 2012 than any other year in his career. Gamble only played 26% in 2012.

Facts.. they kill me.....

no, i knew Gamble was injured week 4 and Norman played most of the remainder of the year.. but again, im not saying thay can't step up and really play well for us this year - i am just nervous we have 3 rookies being relied on for major contributions this year

Bradberry came from a very small college program. Every rookie experiences a big step up in competition going to the NFL, but what Bradberry and other small school prospects experience is a lot different than a guy who played at Alabama or USC or another collegiate powerhouse. I'd be shocked if he didn't have a lot of early struggles. The only things I really care about right now with him are judgements about his athleticism and instincts. You can't really teach those things. You can teach technique. In our zone scheme, instincts trump just about everything else. 

Actually I hope he doesnt start right away.  I would like Bene to get healthy and for McClain and he to start.  Let the rookies ease into the rotation without pressure or undo expectations.  Honestly a superbowl caliber team doesnt need rookies starting anywhere on their team. 

15 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Actually I hope he doesnt start right away.  I would like Bene to get healthy and for McClain and he to start.  Let the rookies ease into the rotation without pressure or undo expectations.  Honestly a superbowl caliber team doesnt need rookies starting anywhere on their team. 

I agree.

I think Dave will actually be looking for another Peanut type player to get cut and bring in.  A savy old vet to help all these young DBs get it together and take an early role.

rookie DBs most likely won't be ready for much of a role when things kick off.  Takes awhile for them to learn and be trusted to even be in position if given much more than spot work. 

Archived