• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign a TE

Jeremy Igo

Pros:  Very big, very fluid athlete, looks the ball into his hands, gets up field quickly after the catch.  Quick enough to run drag patterns with quality top end speed to turn it up field.  

Cons:  Footwork is sloppy, route running is below sub-par, gets into his route slowly, and there's no indication of blocking ability.  

Way too slow off the snap to play DE.  And although he moves well, he seems be "top heavy," and would benefit from a year with NFL trainers working on his legs.  Quality person to have on the roster.  Now it's on him to see if he can outshine some other athletes.  Odd that he mentions he's not "that good with" his hands, because that scouting video says otherwise.

Swole bones got me. Can't fall for any of these other cats until it shows up on the field. And people, do yourself a favor and don't show ignorance by implying that this guy is going to replace someone on the roster. If he makes the practice squad, he should pop bottles. 

1 hour ago, Vagrant said:

Swole bones got me. Can't fall for any of these other cats until it shows up on the field. And people, do yourself a favor and don't show ignorance by implying that this guy is going to replace someone on the roster. If he makes the practice squad, he should pop bottles. 

Very true, especially as he's just missed the workouts for the TEs & WRs with Cam in Baltimore.   He won't have the chemistry with Cam that the others do.

This guy would be a project for the PS I'm thinking.

Gotta suck for Cobi Hamilton to be cut just two days before Camp.  One thing if we were making moves due to injuries, but to be replaced by a guy who's not ever even played college football.  Ouch.  But someone's got to be #90, and we're certainly not lacking for competition at WR.

I'd definitely be worried if I were Ed Dickson.  Not so much by Wallace, but there's very clearly a priority being established to upgrade / find new players at TE.

A few videos from his time at North Melbourne below. In his farewell video, at the bottom, he takes a terrific grab starting at 1.48 or so (that video is otherwise all interview). Seems like a good bloke.

Archived