• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The God's Honest Truth About Jake

neverlosethefeeling

the truth about Jake is we were in that game because of him. If we had managed to pull that out Jake would have basically taken the team on his shoulders and won IN SPITE OF the defense and special teams, not the other way around which some football idiots seem to think. I believe he and the running game did that many times last year because our defense was awful then too but we were able to outscore teams. We shouldnt have to score 29 points to beat the falcons. I couldnt expect that from Jake or any other quarterback in the league

I never said you didn't need a defense or running game, I said you need MORE than an average QB to win consistently. Brady is not an average QB, Manning is not an average QB, Warner is not an average QB, Roethlisberger is not an average QB, all with the exception of Brad Johnson.

And I see someone is upset that his team is poised for 5-6 wins this year. pity.

Rothlisberger passed for a total of 123 yards in his first Super Bowl victory and 125 yards less than the losing QB in his second. We don't need to discuss Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer. I give you Peyton but not Eli. Pass rush defeated the Pats 2 years ago. Of course Brady is an excellent QB but in his last Super Bowl win he had 120 yards less passing than Donovan Mcnabb.

Warner goes back 10 years, not nine. ;)

Defense and running game.

I never said you didn't need a defense or running game, I said you need MORE than an average QB to win consistently. Brady is not an average QB, Manning is not an average QB, Warner is not an average QB, Roethlisberger is not an average QB, all with the exception of Brad Johnson.

And I see someone is upset that his team is poised for 5-6 wins this year. pity.

Youre retarded Brees almost broke Marinos passing yards record last year and didn't even make the playoffs. In fact he lost two games to us. Brady broke Marinos TD record and went undefeated before losing to one of the most inconsistent qbs in the league Eli

Youre retarded Brees almost broke Marinos passing yards record last year and didn't even make the playoffs. In fact he lost two games to us. Brady broke Marinos TD record and went undefeated before losing to one of the most inconsistent qbs in the league Eli

What does that have to do with my statement that average QBs don't win consistently anymore? Manning is not an average QB. And with your ''grasp'' of the English language I wouldn't be calling anyone retarded.

You don't win championships when you have to question whether or not your quarterback is going to be somewhat horrible, serviceable, or just plain garbage before every game. When it comes to a point where you have to hold your breath after every snap, something is wrong. A few years ago, I wouldn't have to even think about questioning whether we could come back in the final minutes of a game because I had faith in Jake. Not so much anymore.

You don't win championships when you have to question whether or not your quarterback is going to be somewhat horrible, serviceable, or just plain garbage before every game. When it comes to a point where you have to hold your breath after every snap, something is wrong. A few years ago, I wouldn't have to even think about questioning whether we could come back in the final minutes of a game because I had faith in Jake. Not so much anymore.

You saw one bad game against Arizona, one bad game against the Eagles that was not entirely Jake's fault and most of us on here agreed to that, and you lost all faith in him. He could be 22/28 for 350 yards and 2 TDs and people would still try to find a way to blame him for the loss, or give credit to someone else for the win. That is fact.

We were 12-4 with him as our quarterback last year. No reason we can't do the same this year.

Because he broke your hearts in the playoffs last year, you're permanently emotionally scarred.

What does that have to do with my statement that average QBs don't win consistently anymore? Manning is not an average QB. And with your ''grasp'' of the English language I wouldn't be calling anyone retarded.

Because you said the NFL was switching to a pass-oriented league. The point was that breaking Marino's record, and being a great passing quarterback doesn't equate to championships.

Heh...ask the Cardinals.

I said it last week, and I'll say it again. I'm a fan of everything Panthers, and as long as he's the quarterback, I'll support him and everyone who lines up with him.

The front office is paid much more than I am to make those decisions, so I'll let them make them, trust their judgement, and root on the team.

I appreciate your loyalty and dedication to the team but there comes a time to see things how they are today - not how they used to be. Stephen Davis was a great back for many years in Washington and was great for us in the beginning. He got old, his skills declined, and Fox stuck with him an entire season. Hoping just like you, that the winner we have all seen in the past would return. There isn't a FO anywhere in the league that doesn't make mistakes so it's reasonable to think that some people believe the Panthers made a mistake with the contract extension. I think not having serious QB competition in camp was also a huge mistake.

Delhomme isn't Brady and he doesn't have to be to win with our team but the fact remains, we haven't been winning with Jake. Fair or not, the QB gets the glory when he wins and takes the heat when he loses. Winning here this season is all that matters. Nobody gives dick about what you did 3 years ago or even last year. The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league. What has Jake done lately??..........Throw picks, fumble, and most importantly.......Lose.

Delhomme isn't Brady and he doesn't have to be to win with our team but the fact remains, we haven't been winning with Jake. Fair or not, the QB gets the glory when he wins and takes the heat when he loses. Winning here this season is all that matters. Nobody gives dick about what you did 3 years ago or even last year. The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league. What has Jake done lately??..........Throw picks, fumble, and most importantly.......Lose.

I guess it takes someone with more than 2 brain cells to understand that without rare exception, not one person deserves all the credit for a win, or all the blame for a loss. Arizona was a rare exception, Philly was not. Jake was not our issue yesterday. So then you should fire the entire team.

I guess it takes someone with more than 2 brain cells to understand that without rare exception, not one person deserves all the credit for a win, or all the blame for a loss. Arizona was a rare exception, Philly was not. Jake was not our issue yesterday. So then you should fire the entire team.

Should the team get fired? I think there are quite a few players that should probably get fired but the reality is....Fox/Hurney built this team with Delhomme at QB and they will 3 all take the fall if things do not turn around. Jake wasn't responsible for our loss yesterday but he also did not lead this team to a win. He was better than the Philly game but he was still average at best.

Archived