• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The God's Honest Truth About Jake

neverlosethefeeling

Give Tom Brady a struggling running game a and shut-down Randy Moss. What happens? A loss. Like today. To the Jets.

That RARELY happens. Brady has never had an elite running game. Jake had one last year.

Look at the years before Moss. Brady never had a elite reciever before him and still managed to be the best QB in the league. And oh yeah, won a few Super Bowls as well.

With the way football is becoming more pass oriented at every level, it will become extremely rare to see teams win consistently with average QBs.

Ck the Super Bowl winners the last nine years. Aside from the Colts whose defense went wild in the playoffs defense and running games win championships.

Pull your nose out of Drew Brees' bung long enough and you'd see that.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/history

Drew will win nothing again this year.

Ck the Super Bowl winners the last nine years. Aside from the Colts whose defense went wild in the playoffs defense and running games win championships.

Pull your nose out of Drew Brees' bung long enough and you'd see that.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/history

Drew will win nothing again this year.

I never said you didn't need a defense or running game, I said you need MORE than an average QB to win consistently. Brady is not an average QB, Manning is not an average QB, Warner is not an average QB, Roethlisberger is not an average QB, all with the exception of Brad Johnson.

And I see someone is upset that his team is poised for 5-6 wins this year. pity.

Nope. They were just examples to counter your statement.

So then, is it fair to compare Marty Hurney to either of those guys? I believe your average run-of-the-mill general manager knows more than most any NFL fans. Even though we all claim to know sooooo much about football because we played it in high school, maybe college, and have watched it for years and years.

The argument was made that it's not unreasonable to want or expect a player like Tom Brady to lead the offense. I was making the point that even Tom Brady, under similar circumstances, loses a game.

So then, is it fair to compare Marty Hurney to either of those guys? I believe your average run-of-the-mill general manager knows more than most any NFL fans. Even though we all claim to know sooooo much about football because we played it in high school, maybe college, and have watched it for years and years.

The argument was made that it's not unreasonable to want or expect a player like Tom Brady to lead the offense. I was making the point that even Tom Brady, under similar circumstances, loses a game.

Do you not see the contradiction?

I never said you didn't need a defense or running game, I said you need MORE than an average QB to win consistently. Brady is not an average QB, Manning is not an average QB, Warner is not an average QB, Roethlisberger is not an average QB, all with the exception of Brad Johnson.

And I see someone is upset that his team is poised for 5-6 wins this year. pity.

So 28/32 quarterbacks starting in the NFL right now are not capable of winning consistently?

Archived