• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The God's Honest Truth About Jake

neverlosethefeeling

"but he played good when he had time to throw rrrRRAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!"

Easy answer to what I just quoted, any average QB is going to look good if you give him time to throw. What separates them from the elite is what they do when the pressure is on.

exactly!

Just because someone is paid more than you, doesn't mean they deserve to be or should be, or actually know what they are doing...

The fact that you do not have a desk in an NFL front office means to me either 1. you're the best new undiscovered talent or 2. you don't know jack compared to those guys about football.

I'll go with 2.

A good quarterback can read defenses, read routes, make good decisions under pressure, throw accurately most of the time, knows when to take a sack AND HOLD ON TO THE BALL WHEN DOING SO, and can do all this consistantly. If you think Jake can do this, you're sorely mistaken. Jake is not reliable. If the running game is struggling and Smith is getting covered, its ball game. Good quarterbacks can get their way through those situations and Jake cant. We went 12-4 last year, but it was almost all due to our running game. Just think if we had a competant QB at the helm, how far we would've gone in the playoffs.

Give Tom Brady a struggling running game a and shut-down Randy Moss. What happens? A loss. Like today. To the Jets.

Why did it take NFL General Managers decades to figure out that it would be good two have a nasty two-headed backfield?

And by the time they figure it out...the game is switching to a more pass-oriented game? Spare me.

The Saints have amassed a three headed backfield, does that mean they're a run oriented team? Spare me.

Just because you have 3 running backs doesn't mean you're 3 headed. 3 headed is the NYG backfield of 2008. A solid 2-back backfield is the Panthers backfield currently, the Titans backfield currently, the Vikings backfield currently.

Just because your precious Saints are pass-first does not mean the rest of the NFL is. And they have an average (at best) backfield.

Just because you have 3 running backs doesn't mean you're 3 headed. 3 headed is the NYG backfield of 2008. A solid 2-back backfield is the Panthers backfield currently, the Titans backfield currently, the Vikings backfield currently.

Just because your precious Saints are pass-first does not mean the rest of the NFL is. And they have an average (at best) backfield.

and they're also 2-0 heading into week 3.

True story, the combined record of the Panthers, Titans, and Vikings is a meager 2-4.

and they're also 2-0 heading into week 3.

True story, the combined record of the Panthers, Titans, and Vikings is a meager 2-4.

Show me a team that will lose a game after throwing 6 touchdown passes, and I'll show you a sure fire failure.

No doubt about it the Saints have one of the most prolific passing offenses in recent NFL history. The Panthers aren't the Saints. Most quarterbacks not named Brady, Manning, or Brees will struggle in that offense.

Archived