• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The God's Honest Truth About Jake

neverlosethefeeling

How many times in his career has Jake led us to victory in the 4th quarter?

Didn't he even do that his first career game as a panther? And he only had 1 half of the game to work with?

Doesn't he have more comebacks than any other quarterback since he's been a starter?

Doesn't he have the highest 4th quarter rating in that same time frame?

Oh.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=3392

6 bad games last season. The most bad games he's had in a season including the playoff turd. Then the opening day disaster. How is he not average at best?

I'm not saying he's not average...matter of fact, I pretty clearly said that in my OP..I'm saying bull to the fact that we can't make a playoff run with him at the helm.

If he played 6 bad games in the regular season, and we only lost 4 plus 1 in the post-season, is that not proof in and of itself that Jake isn't asked to carry the offensive load on his shoulders? I'll take a 12-4 season every year for the rest of my life, and that's even assuming that every one of the games we lost last year was directly Jakes fault...which everyone who's ever played team sports knows is impossible.

But you said that football is becoming more pass-oriented.

Why do you need two backs to carry less than the load of one back before the new radical shift to a pass-oriented NFL?

More versatility for the offense, it's good to have one big back and a guy like Bush, Norwood, etc. who can catch out of the backfield and change things up.

Anyone who knows sh*t about the overall game of football would tell you that things are becoming more pass oriented.

More versatility for the offense, it's good to have one big back and a guy like Bush, Norwood, etc. who can catch out of the backfield and change things up.

Anyone who knows sh*t about the overall game of football would tell you that things are becoming more pass oriented.

Why did it take NFL General Managers decades to figure out that it would be good two have a nasty two-headed backfield?

And by the time they figure it out...the game is switching to a more pass-oriented game? Spare me.

Here's what I think "the God's Honest Truth is About" neverlosethefeeling...

...you are a BJDJSer...

I said it last week, and I'll say it again. I'm a fan of everything Panthers, and as long as he's the quarterback, I'll support him and everyone who lines up with him.

The front office is paid much more than I am to make those decisions, so I'll let them make them, trust their judgement, and root on the team.

Bull. We've done it with this "Average (at best)" quaterback before.

1. I said "with a few obvious exceptions." How cute that you left that out.

2. Name one player who you know that has said they've lost confidence in him. Don't worry, I'll wait. Matter of fact, I think I remember our All-Pro left tackle saying last week that Jake was one of the reasons he wanted to come back here...to play for Jake. And today he said again "I'm one of his biggest fans." Gross has arguably the easiest route to show his displeasure in Jake...all he has to do is accidentally miss a rushing defensive end or line backer.

3. You're crazy for expecting even Drew Brees to be able to throw 6TDs every game. No Quarterback, no matter how great, should shoulder that responsibilty. And even the GREAT Tom Brady showed today he has some off games...they lost to the JETS! With a ROOKIE quarterback! And the GREAT Bill Belicheat! And RANDY OMGZ MOSS!

Wasn't it just last year that football was becoming a game in which you needed 2 capable running backs? Didn't last year that say that one feature back almost can't get it done anymore?

Am I missing something?

1."Cute" that I left that out? It didn't need to be stated. They were "obvious exceptions" weren't they? We didn't actually think you forgot about them.

2. If you are waiting for me to name a player that has stated he has lost confidence in Jake, you are going to be waiting awhile. I'm not sure if you really understand franchise sports, but VERY FEW NFL players would actually come out and say something like that. Just because they don't say it doesn't mean they don't feel it. In fact, often times they still claim support for a player to help bring the team together, and instill confidence in that player again.

3. What are you even talking about?

2. If you are waiting for me to name a player that has stated he has lost confidence in Jake, you are going to be waiting awhile. I'm not sure if you really understand franchise sports, but VERY FEW NFL players would actually come out and say something like that. Just because they don't say it doesn't mean they don't feel it. In fact, often times they still claim support for a player to help bring the team together, and instill confidence in that player again.

Who has even shown it? Who's not played as hard because they don't trust him? Don't worry...I'll wait.

A good quarterback can read defenses, read routes, make good decisions under pressure, throw accurately most of the time, knows when to take a sack AND HOLD ON TO THE BALL WHEN DOING SO, and can do all this consistantly. If you think Jake can do this, you're sorely mistaken. Jake is not reliable. If the running game is struggling and Smith is getting covered, its ball game. Good quarterbacks can get their way through those situations and Jake cant. We went 12-4 last year, but it was almost all due to our running game. Just think if we had a competant QB at the helm, how far we would've gone in the playoffs.

I said it last week, and I'll say it again. I'm a fan of everything Panthers, and as long as he's the quarterback, I'll support him and everyone who lines up with him.

The front office is paid much more than I am to make those decisions, so I'll let them make them, trust their judgement, and root on the team.

Just because someone is paid more than you, doesn't mean they deserve to be or should be, or actually know what they are doing...

A good quarterback can read defenses, read routes, make good decisions under pressure, throw accurately most of the time, knows when to take a sack AND HOLD ON TO THE BALL WHEN DOING SO, and can do all this consistantly. If you think Jake can do this, you're sorely mistaken. Jake is not reliable. If the running game is struggling and Smith is getting covered, its ball game. Good quarterbacks can get their way through those situations and Jake cant. We went 12-4 last year, but it was almost all due to our running game. Just think if we had a competant QB at the helm, how far we would've gone in the playoffs.

"but he played good when he had time to throw rrrRRAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!"

Easy answer to what I just quoted, any average QB is going to look good if you give him time to throw. What separates them from the elite is what they do when the pressure is on.

Archived