• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers conclude workouts in Baltimore...

Jeremy Igo

15 hours ago, Nate Dogg said:

I'm so excited for this dude. With as big of an impact as guys like Gronk, Kelce, Graham, Olsen have in this league, how the hell did Sandland fall so far? His measurables are pretty damn impressive. If his hands are as good as Jeremy has claimed, I look for him to be a star in 3 or 4 years.  

He was out for a year and then played against lesser competition last year. He relied heavily on his size and athleticism. Needs work to refine his technique/fundamentals from route running to blocking. His hands are very good. Known as a pass catching TE. He struggles when challenged physically. If he gets to the second level untouched with a free release in the secondary, he can separate easily with his size, strides and wingspan. Great ability to catch in stride. I expect him to struggle when the pads come on and when he has to block at full speed. He will look great in 7 on 7 and without pads. Definitely a project. May not see much of him this season, but he could develop quickly by year 2 or 3. Watching him play was definitely fun, but the competition level needs to be factored in. He struggled at Miami.

He also had an exceptional QB in Dakota Prukop that made it very easy for Sandland last year. I would not be surprised if teams thought Sandland's success was more a product of Prukop. Prukop was being recruited by Oregon and Alabama for his final year of eligibility. He opted for Oregon, and I believe he is going to get quite a bit of attention in college football this year. If you were to take Tom Brady's ability to pass from the pocket and read a defense quickly, and then infuse Kaepernick's speed and athleticism, you end up with Dakota Prukop.

You can look for Sandland (85) in this harris highlights video for Prukop.

Archived