• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy working out with the Jaguars

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Jangler said:

Since he will most likely be a FA all season, this sh!t could go on all season. 

Most likely not.  Rand Getlin said that Hardy Jr has been on the mind of the Jaguars (among others?) for many months.  Just a matter of timing, very similar to Incognito's return.

18 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

Most likely not.  Rand Getlin said that Hardy has been on the mind of the Jaguars (among others?) for many months.  Just a matter of timing, very similar to Incognito's return.

153.gif

I really just wanted an excuse to post this gif.

1 hour ago, ctrcat said:

Most likely not.  Rand Getlin said that Hardy has been on the mind of the Jaguars (among others?) for many months.  Just a matter of timing, very similar to Incognito's return.

so...the Jaguars really want to sign Hardy, after his visit last week, but they are waiting until after training camp so they can surprise the packers in week 1 with a secret weapon?

sounds legit.

2 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

so...the Jaguars really want to sign Hardy, after his visit last week, but they are waiting until after training camp so they can surprise the packers in week 1 with a secret weapon?

sounds legit.

Right or wrong (wrong btw), signing Hardy Jr will come with negative backlash.  No denying that, and yes, there is a strategic timing to lessen the blow.  The NFL news cycle will pick up steam soon enough and help drown out the noise.

3 hours ago, ctrcat said:

That 2013 Panthers team had more production on the defensive front than any team since the 80s Bears, close to 1,000 professional football teams over the last 30 years.  "Weak OLs" is not even remotely close to justifying that.  In "the ultimate team game", he was the biggest reason.  Also notice the, "this is "OUR!!!!!!!!!!" time" quote in the 49ers game.  "He" is "ours".

In fact, if not for DeAngelo's fumble against the Seahawks that team is your #1 seed and likely Super Bowl winner.

And yet, your own video shows him 10th among DLs. Throw the 3-4 scheme OLBs in and he drops even further. Elite? I fart in your general direction.

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

And yet, your own video shows him 10th among DLs. Throw the 3-4 scheme OLBs in and he drops even further. Elite? I fart in your general direction.

My own video is not mine, it's from NFL Network, and it comes by virtue of his peers having him among the top players overall regardless of position.  That, coming off a year, his last full year, that he was named All-Pro.  If All-Pro isn't considered elite in your book, I suggest you go back to grade school with the others here that resort to childish insults over facts.

17 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

My own video is not mine, it's from NFL Network, and it comes by virtue of his peers having him among the top players overall regardless of position.  That, coming off a year, his last full year, that he was named All-Pro.  If All-Pro isn't considered elite in your book, I suggest you go back to grade school with the others here that resort to childish insults over facts.

Hardy had a great 2013.  He had a Peppers (in his prime) type year.  

But a Peppers like 2013 doesn't make him worth having in 2016.  

3 hours ago, ctrcat said:

My own video is not mine, it's from NFL Network, and it comes by virtue of his peers having him among the top players overall regardless of position.  That, coming off a year, his last full year, that he was named All-Pro.  If All-Pro isn't considered elite in your book, I suggest you go back to grade school with the others here that resort to childish insults over facts.

Who's resorting to insults? (check the mirror) I haven;t thrown anything intended to insult, just a Monte Python line,.

But the list that you refer to had Hardy 53rd. Even at the 6th best DE, still not elite. And the fact the some random sports writers selected him to their special team doesn't place him in elite status any more than you deeming him so.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Hardy had a great 2013.  He had a Peppers (in his prime) type year.  

But a Peppers like 2013 doesn't make him worth having in 2016.  

I sincerely think he would be better than 2013 with this DL and actually playing a full year, at age 27/28, to unleash the pent up furor.

But that's conjecture.  As we've do-si-do'ed so many times before, it's about risk/reward/value, and there's never been better.  And likely never will be.

58 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

I sincerely think he would be better than 2013 with this DL and actually playing a full year, at age 27/28, to unleash the pent up furor.

But that's conjecture.  As we've do-si-do'ed so many times before, it's about risk/reward/value, and there's never been better.  And likely never will be.

There are lots of athletes who have the physical potential to be monsters on the field....that aren't (for various reasons).  

Ever since the incident (which Hardy could of recovered from)....Hardy has displayed what he carries on his shoulders can't be trusted (and that has kept lots of physically gifted people off a high school, college and pro field). 

Archived