• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy working out with the Jaguars

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

Due Diligence

Hardy can work out for other teams and still sign here 

Panthers want other teams to work him out first in fact, so when we sign him people can't bash us when other teams were also working him out and interested 

No.

The whole notion is ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

Due Diligence

Hardy can work out for other teams and still sign here 

Panthers want other teams to work him out first in fact, so when we sign him people can't bash us when other teams were also working him out and interested 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Strange, as some here swear he is coming back to Carolina. Can't get my head around it. 

It's called a smokescreen.  That way people aren't paying attention to the Greg Hardy statue they are putting up as part of his welcome home parade 

Still relatively new to posting and not sure how to embed a tweet but Mike Garafolo of NFLN came out and said that the Jags polled their staff and players on the idea of Hardy. I can't remember another situation where i have heard something like this. I wanted to start a new thread but wanted to get thoughts here... taking out your PERSONAL bias, how do you think a poll would go with the current Carolina Panthers players? If you remember, a good portion of the team vouched for him when he left. It would be interesting to see if they still felt the same if the Big Cat walked into the locker room and said majority rules on his signing. Personally, I think our team would vote yes to a return. However, as a business perspective, I don't believe he will ever be back. It would be cool to be a fly on the wall if that discussion ever took place...

29 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Still relatively new to posting and not sure how to embed a tweet but Mike Garafolo of NFLN came out and said that the Jags polled their staff and players on the idea of Hardy. I can't remember another situation where i have heard something like this. I wanted to start a new thread but wanted to get thoughts here... taking out your PERSONAL bias, how do you think a poll would go with the current Carolina Panthers players? If you remember, a good portion of the team vouched for him when he left. It would be interesting to see if they still felt the same if the Big Cat walked into the locker room and said majority rules on his signing. Personally, I think our team would vote yes to a return. However, as a business perspective, I don't believe he will ever be back. It would be cool to be a fly on the wall if that discussion ever took place...

I don't know that I'd be on board with the idea of team leadership polling players to ask whether they should sign a guy or not.

Those are the kinds of decisions that leadership is supposed to make themselves.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know that I'd be on board with the idea of team leadership polling players to ask whether they should sign a guy or not.

Those are the kinds of decisions that leadership is supposed to make themselves.

I completely agree with you. I think that's up to JR and G-man, and maybe to a small extent Rivera. But I would really like to know what our core players think of him. And by core I mean Cam, Kuechly, Davis, Kalil, Olsen, etc. I personally would say that we should stay away from him. However, for discussions sake, say all 6 of our team captains personally told JR that they wanted him in Carolina and would take a personal stake in his success, would that change your mind? I don't condone anything he did, but having high moral characters such as Olsen and Davis vouch for him (totally hypothetical) would make me think twice about whether he deserves another shot here. Our locker room seems like an environment that could turn some highly questionable people into successful human beings AND football player (note that human beings came before football players in that sentence).

Archived