• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The official camp sleepers thread....

Jeremy Igo

Outside of yours, Jalen Simmons at HB, and Mucas at TE. I hope and believe Rockhead could be a complete beast for us after Tolbert retires or if he gets injured. Could even have some goal line sets with both of them in. He's got my number (47) and plays one of my favorite positions. Rooting for the kid almost as much as I have been for Philly Brown. I hope he can have as much or more success as Philly has as a fellow UDFA.

Cash and Garrett are not really sleepers given they were the top 2 listed undrafted free agents by most publications but by the huddle definition qualify. Then again by this definition Waters is a.sleeper as well given he was never on a regular season NFl roster.

5 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

I may be mistaken on that but I thought he was like the Stanford guy last year?

It would be awesome if he was a stud blocker, but idk if he is. His highlight tape at marshall was him making impressive runs and trucking the poo out of people. Lee ward ran the ball like once but had bone crushing blocks. Rockhead reminds me of a taller, leaner, younger mike tolbert. 

He has the toughness to be a road grater, it comes down to technique abd the desire to stick your grill in someone. 

4 hours ago, thomas96 said:

Outside of yours, Jalen Simmons at HB, and Mucas at TE. I hope and believe Rockhead could be a complete beast for us after Tolbert retires or if he gets injured. Could even have some goal line sets with both of them in. He's got my number (47) and plays one of my favorite positions. Rooting for the kid almost as much as I have been for Philly Brown. I hope he can have as much or more success as Philly has as a fellow UDFA.

I like RockHead too

7 hours ago, The Huddler said:

It would be awesome if he was a stud blocker, but idk if he is. His highlight tape at marshall was him making impressive runs and trucking the poo out of people. Lee ward ran the ball like once but had bone crushing blocks. Rockhead reminds me of a taller, leaner, younger mike tolbert. 

He has the toughness to be a road grater, it comes down to technique abd the desire to stick your grill in someone. 

After that I think he looks more like JStew than Tolbert.

Maybe he's a dark horse for lead back?

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I guess Delaire falls under the he was on the team last year rule, but I'm surprised I've heard so little about him. He looked great as a replacement for CJ before Allen was signed and then got little to no playing time after Allen signed.

I'm very interested to see how he does as well.

Delaire doesn't fall under that rule with me, I just feel the other two will show more during training camp and preseason...

On 7/20/2016 at 8:41 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Today is the day you predict your training camp sleepers. 

To qualify as a sleeper, the player cannot have been on any NFL regular roster at any point in time. 

I have listed mine here : http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2016/07/20/carolina-panthers-training-camp-sleepers/

But I want to know who yours are so I can keep an eye out next week. 

Sandland

Rockhead

On July 20, 2016 at 6:26 PM, CPantherKing said:

Seems like people forget Rockhead was a TE in college before he moved to RB. He can catch. His ability to catch, turn up field, and accelerate from the flat while demonstrating great awareness of the defenders is very impressive. Those rookie CBs are going to get punished by the Panthers RBs/FBs when the pads go on.

Rockhead makes it. He fills in Brockel's role that the Panthers missed last season. Imagine a cross between Stewart, Tolbert, and Dickson. That is Rockhead. Also, he has deceptive speed. He outran many of the DBs he faced in college. I believe the Panthers have their future tandem in Wegher and Rockhead.

Not sure if David Yankey counts since he was inactive all of 2014. I expect him to make it due to his versatility and he is better than some OL the Panthers have including Remmers.

Garrett has an outside shot. I believe we will see Philly Brown fall to 5th on the depth chart and be challenged by Garrett.

Sandland and Johnson are verstaile players that can contribute to the team rightway from special teams to mutliple offense sets. They both could have a role similar to Jordan Reed

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 6.30.13 PM.png

22j.jpg

Archived