• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The official camp sleepers thread....

Jeremy Igo

Today is the day you predict your training camp sleepers. 

To qualify as a sleeper, the player cannot have been on any NFL regular roster at any point in time. 

I have listed mine here : http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2016/07/20/carolina-panthers-training-camp-sleepers/

But I want to know who yours are so I can keep an eye out next week. 

I'm going with the same sleeper pick I had last year, defensive end Arthur Miley. Loved this guys story and work ethic last year. I'd like to know if he has made the leap needed to break out and make the roster. For those of you who don't remember:

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/05/03/work-ethic-pays-mangham-native-miley/26846999/

Work ethic pays off for Mangham native Miley

One of those moments was in Tharp’s first game as Mangham head coach — on the road at eventual state runner-up OCS. Miley played both ways the whole game, and despite being on the verge of passing out from dehydration, refused to come off the field.

Mangham beat OCS that night 35-24.

“He knew like I did we couldn’t win that game without him,” Tharp said. “We literally carried him back to the field and pumped him full of water and he said, ‘coach I’m ready to go.’”

I almost hesitate to pick Sandland as a sleeper, since he's gotten some big thumbs up so far, but he is a 7th round pick. I'll go further out on the limb and pick another TE in Deaver. He may not make the roster this season, but I think he has potential to come off the PS down the road and contribute.

I'll go way out on the limb and pick Riggsbe at OT. He's not ready for game time yet, but he may improve to a depth worthy/backup role.

Archived