• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predict the starting defensive lineup against Denver

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think people are putting too much hope in rookie CBs.  Many aren't good enough to really be on the field early in their careers.  That isn't a knock on their potential here to be an answer....but I don't buy a rookie CB being an every down starter the first half of the season.  Hence the vet addition for leadership and a safety blanket if they simply can't handle the heavy load tryout early.

I think all we have for our CB group right now is hope, and I think that's why we're putting so much into it.  I would like to think that most people realize that what you're saying is pretty much the case, and are just being super optimistic.  It's pretty unnerving, thinking about going into the season, with that position group as-is.  That being said, I'm hoping like hell over here.

D-linemen: Johnson, Star, KK, Kony

LBs: TD, Luke and Shaq during 60% of the time; TD and Kuechly in Nickel 40% of the time

CBs: Worley/McClain/Bradberry

Nickel: Bene (just to be cautious)

Safeties: Coleman & Boston

My prediction is we're going to blitz with TD and Luke often throughout the game to take off pressure from our rookie DBs

Our D is full of leaders. 

Won't be signing a vet CB.

Front seven is set. 

Johnson, short, star, kony

Shaq, Kuechly, Davis

Coleman & Boston

Worley & Bene

We won't play much nickle, relying on the talent and experience we have at LB to cover our weakness at nickle 

Johnson - Lotulelei - Short - Ealy

Davis - Kuechly - Thompson

Bene - Boston - Coleman - Bradberry

Outside of injury, Bradberry is really the only position up for debate in the base 43. I really can't see it any other lineup right now unless his development is stalled by injury or something.

2 hours ago, MountaineerChemist10 said:

D-linemen: Johnson, Star, KK, Kony

LBs: TD, Luke and Shaq during 60% of the time; TD and Kuechly in Nickel 40% of the time

CBs: Worley/McClain/Bradberry

Nickel: Bene (just to be cautious)

Safeties: Coleman & Boston

My prediction is we're going to blitz with TD and Luke often throughout the game to take off pressure from our rookie DBs

To me, Bene at nickel is the opposite of cautious. You're taking your most proven CB and playing him out of position. 

Here's my guess:

the fairly easy part:

CJ, Ealy, Star, KK

Luke, TD, Shaq

Kurt & Tre

Now for CB:  Before the signing of Leonard Johnson, I would have predicted Bradberry & McClain on the outside and Bene in the slot (assuming Bene is full go).  Now with Johnson giving us some experience in the slot, I'm hoping Bene lands on the outside.

So, I'll go Bradberry & Bene.   But I suppose it could be Worley over Bradberry.  Preseason is yet to be played to see who wins it.

30 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Is there a chance no rookies start?  Meaning Bene and McLain on the outside and Johnson at Nickle?

definitely.

Even high first round rookies aren't ready to start week 1 most of the time.

but I think there will be better options in FA than McClain and Teddy. 

Archived