• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predict the starting defensive lineup against Denver

Jeremy Igo

CJ, KK, Star, Ealy

Shaq, Luke, TD

in our 4-3 looks week 1 I think Bene will kick out from nickel.  Then the rookie will come on during nickel looks.  I would imagine they will have a plan to slowly work in the rookies instead of throwing them in over their heads. 

Bene, FA

Coleman,FA

i have FAs coming in because we have no leadership real or real vet experience presently and our younger guys will need it 

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

CJ, KK, Star, Ealy

Shaq, Luke, TD

in our 4-3 looks week 1 I think Bene will kick out from nickel.  Then the rookie will come on during nickel looks.  I would imagine they will have a plan to slowly work in the rookies instead of throwing them in over their heads. 

Bene, FA

Coleman,FA

i have FAs coming in because we have no leadership real or real vet experience presently and our younger guys will need it 

What FAs do you see out there, that would be better than what we have?

CJ, KK, Star, Ealy

Shaq, Luke, TD

Bene, Worley

Coleman, Boston

I just don't see the need to bring in a FA at this point.

21 minutes ago, sharkkiller said:

What FAs do you see out there, that would be better than what we have?

CJ, KK, Star, Ealy

Shaq, Luke, TD

Bene, Worley

Coleman, Boston

I just don't see the need to bring in a FA at this point.

more vets will be added to the pot coming up. 

Dave/Rivera by all accounts like vet leadership even if they don't have huge roles as starters.  DB room IMO needs a good vet.  Too young overall.  Dave will find a new Peanut type to start off the year IMO and aid this group.

I think people are putting too much hope in rookie CBs.  Many aren't good enough to really be on the field early in their careers.  That isn't a knock on their potential here to be an answer....but I don't buy a rookie CB being an every down starter the first half of the season.  Hence the vet addition for leadership and a safety blanket if they simply can't handle the heavy load tryout early.

IMO, it'd be a surprise for the front seven to be anything other than CJ/Short/Star/Ealy on the DL and TD/Luke/Shaq at LB. Coleman will definitely be starting at one safety spot and Boston likely has the other as his to lose heading into camp. To me, the discussion really starts and ends at CB. Really hoping to see Bene starting outside. I know the staff really wants him to be a nickel, but he's always played better outside. Hopefully signing a vet nickel shows that this obsession to force Bene into the nickel role is over. 

Archived