• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are the main obstacles in the way for the Panthers to Superbowl 51?

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, PhillyB said:

i actually worry that the chemistry won't be there the way it was last year. everybody on that team noted how special it was, lightning in a bottle that can't just be cultivated at will. i like to think some of the new additions will contribute, but the loss of leadership in peanut tillman and roman harper and the loss of firebrand personality in norman takes a lot of dynamic pieces out of the puzzle that aren't just instantly replaceable.

my hope is that the return of benjamin and the sharpening of our front seven with butler helps give the team a focus on ruthless efficiency with a nose-to-the-grindstone attitude, charisma and storybook expectations be damned. i expect to see a wily, determined team out there, one that's lost a little in the secondary but will come into every game like a business trip.

12-4 first round bye if that happens.

I agree with this 1000 percent

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Here are my thoughts... 

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2016/07/11/carolina-panthers-obstacles-superbowl-51/

In short... Overconfidence, Inexperience in Defensive secondary, and that late season road schedule. 

Out of all of them, the schedule worries me the most. Having to spend an entire week in California between games just stinks. 

Injuries, Seattle, & Secondary

Our coaching has to continue to improve.  They did a great job last year but Shula has to continue to evolve and not outcoach himself.  Goes for all the coaches really.

All new players need 100% buy in and we'll be fine.  No rogues allowed.

On cams Nick show he did an interview with a kid and said the same thing RR has been saying about "we can't expect to start where we ended we got to start at the bottom again" so it gave me confidence that that's being bought by the team like "one game at a time" motto last season

What stands in our way?  16 regular season games with everyone circling us on their calendar as the game they want to win.  Next several playoff teams, some of who we beat like a drum last year, and finally the pressure of being on top and trying to get back to the Superbowl.  My concern is whether we play as strong if we start off 0-3 as we would 3-0.  A team's character is defined through adversity not success.  

Man, we really blew our best chance at a superbowl last year. Everything seemed to align for us last year. Didn't have too many major injuries to important players, favorable schedule, had a 1st round bye and home field throughout the playoffs, and got to play a one dimensional team in the superbowl. That sh*t still stings.

You never know though, maybe this season has even more storybook magic than last year. Here's hoping.

Injuries/Fatigue - We've made ourselves contenders but that also means we have a much larger target on our backs. We certainly saw that when we were gunning for an undefeated season. Now the entire season may be like that and it will take its toll. However, one could argue that it may be better in the long run. The more adversity we overcome, the better we are facing it in the playoffs.

Complacency (Coaching) - Lots of mentioning about the players but this also applies to the coaching staff. I'm looking particularly at Shula because I am fearing defensive coordinators all over the league are going to find ways to slow us down. 

Outside noise - Basically, players do dumb things off the field or there's a controversy that detract us (the bat thing comes to mind).

Archived