• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are the main obstacles in the way for the Panthers to Superbowl 51?

Jeremy Igo

I think we have enough veterans and leaders that overconfidence won't be an issue, coming up a game short will be enough to cancel out any unnecessary swagger the team has. I'm hope the likes of RR, TD, Olsen, Cam, Kalil, CJ, Tolbert, etc. will remind the guys that we were a couple of plays from a 11-5 or 10-6 season and having to travel during the playoffs.

Let me get this nugget out of the way. The Buffo Bills were the last team to get back to the SB after a loss...

If anything, over confidence us the one thing I worry about.

Just putting this out there...sigh(read out loud) :) 

..but maybe an early punch in the nose will be a good thing for the Panthers this season.

i actually worry that the chemistry won't be there the way it was last year. everybody on that team noted how special it was, lightning in a bottle that can't just be cultivated at will. i like to think some of the new additions will contribute, but the loss of leadership in peanut tillman and roman harper and the loss of firebrand personality in norman takes a lot of dynamic pieces out of the puzzle that aren't just instantly replaceable.

my hope is that the return of benjamin and the sharpening of our front seven with butler helps give the team a focus on ruthless efficiency with a nose-to-the-grindstone attitude, charisma and storybook expectations be damned. i expect to see a wily, determined team out there, one that's lost a little in the secondary but will come into every game like a business trip.

12-4 first round bye if that happens.

22 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i actually worry that the chemistry won't be there the way it was last year. everybody on that team noted how special it was, lightning in a bottle that can't just be cultivated at will. i like to think some of the new additions will contribute, but the loss of leadership in peanut tillman and roman harper and the loss of firebrand personality in norman takes a lot of dynamic pieces out of the puzzle that aren't just instantly replaceable.

my hope is that the return of benjamin and the sharpening of our front seven with butler helps give the team a focus on ruthless efficiency with a nose-to-the-grindstone attitude, charisma and storybook expectations be damned. i expect to see a wily, determined team out there, one that's lost a little in the secondary but will come into every game like a business trip.

12-4 first round bye if that happens.

I'm not overly concerned with this.  We still have most of the same guys from last year that created that culture, and the players we brought in seem to be a great fit for the team's personality and understand their role and place on the team.  So, no divisive or cancerous personalities were brought in that could sabotage our chemistry.

And the biggest reason I'm not worried is Cam.  Most of the fun and bonding was generated from Cam's passion, leadership, and enjoyment of the game every time he was on the field.  His personality brought the team together in a way that is very rare in any sport at any level.  And that fun loving, competitive, and determined guy is back.  The SB loss obviously didn't mute his passion and love of the game, nor did it change how he approaches practices or how he interacts with his teammates, so I am confident that we will see a high level of team chemistry again this year.  It may be slightly different, but no less intense. 

I have three main concerns: 1) Motivation. After Benji went down during the pre-season, not a single analyst/journalist thought we would make the playoffs b/c of our so called "mediocre" o-line and WRs so that right there helped drive our players' hunger for success. 2) Team chemistry. Our team chemistry last year was phenomenal all throughout the season so hopefully we'll be able to pull it off again this season. 3) Defense. Our front 7 will be the same as it was last year but the secondary will be a bit different. You gotta admit we're all going to miss last season's secondary, especially Norman and Tillman so let's hope our new guys will step it up and make our D even better. Looking forward to this year!

22 minutes ago, MountaineerChemist10 said:

1) Motivation. After Benji went down during the pre-season, not a single analyst/journalist thought we would make the playoffs b/c of our so called "mediocre" o-line and WRs so that right there helped drive our players' hunger for success.

I agree. I feel like the transition from playing as the somewhat underdog / disrespected team to being the top dog that every team wants a piece of will be tough. Hopefully, such strong leadership on both sides of the ball (Cam, Greg, Kalil, Luke, TD) and the culture Ron has cultivated in the locker room will make it a non issue.

Other teams that are better would be a tangible obstacle.

But honestly I think the obstacles are the offense needing to gel and pick up where theyou left off, the obvious secondary questions, and injuries.

Archived