• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duron Carter (video included)

ctrcat

3 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

except smitty slammed Harper to the ground after and tried to rip his head off by the face mask. 

if no one intervened, Harper wouldn't be in the NFL today. 

Smitty took down Malcolm Jenkins, not Harper... Harper had cleared out to let his teammates scrap in his place.

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

He made a good catch and got absolutely smacked, but held on to the ball. He was psyched and ran over to the opposing sideline to taunt the opposition. 

Now some of the media guys are like "Oh my stars, he hit a coach!" But if you look at it, the coach seemed to intentionally get in his way and flopped better than Nelson Varajao. 

Sensationalism at worst,  July offseason filler at best. Basically, meh.

Oh, we're you one pushing for us to bring in Carter? If so, too funny.

Got in his way?....like the other side of the field is naturally Carters territory and anyone he's going to taunt is just in his way.  Good one ;)

2 hours ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

i stand corrected. it was jenkins. 

the saints under payton have always just been a bunch of punks.

that game was one of about five we probably should have won that year too.  we had 3rd and 2 or something near midfield with the lead and a chance to seal the game.  steve got wide open on a corner route but cam put the ball on the wrong shoulder and it fell incomplete.  then brees drove the field to win it.

51 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

the saints under payton have always just been a bunch of punks.

that game was one of about five we probably should have won that year too.  we had 3rd and 2 or something near midfield with the lead and a chance to seal the game.  steve got wide open on a corner route but cam put the ball on the wrong shoulder and it fell incomplete.  then brees drove the field to win it.

I miss the old end zones.  I watched this game after running the Denver marathon.

3 hours ago, csx said:

Oh, we're you one pushing for us to bring in Carter? If so, too funny.

Got in his way?....like the other side of the field is naturally Carters territory and anyone he's going to taunt is just in his way.  Good one ;)

I haven't "pushed" for us to bring in anyone except for Denarius Moore and Jared Veldheer. So, if that's amusing...well, OK, if that's how people get their jollies...

Anyone else, including Duron Carter, has been an if-Gettleman-wants-to-bring-them-in type of guy who would---at least in my mind---at worst help competition, or at best be an epiphany. Carter actually chose to go to Indy though he had a good opportunity at coming here, so whatever. He and Hakeem Nicks got what was coming to them.

That being said, there have been several players I would have liked to acquire at certain points, but I haven't felt that we missed a great opportunity on any of them except Veldheer (in particular) and D. Moore.  

As for Carter and this story, in my opinion it's hardly newsworthy. But I guess people, Huddlers included, have to talk about something.

Carter was a MASSIVE dickhead walking through their sidelines and there is never an excuse for that crap. He also could have and should have avoided the coach... Dude never stepped into Carter or got in his face, he simply stood his ground. All of that being said... that coach looks like he's been studying at the coach k school of flopping. That was some Greg Paulus level flopping right there. He could taste Danny Green's nuts by association... Just absolutely stupid of him but then again Carter was apparently torching them so hey, you take it how you can get it.

Some of you are unbelievable.  You blame the coach?  Really?  Even though Carter had no business anywhere near the coach or the Ottawa sideline.  So was he supposed to bow out of the way, step aside, and allow this jerk to dance and celebrate a TD on his sideline?  Damn people, get a clue.  That was one of the worse cases of taunting I have ever seen.  In addition, he saw the coach and did not step aside.  The coach has a right to be there--Carter didn't. 

I can't believe anyone who understands football rules and class could see it any other way.

16 hours ago, TN05 said:

Actually watched part of this game at BWW. Left before the good part apparently. It was tied 1-1 after one quarter.

You go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch sports?

If you want to pay 50 bucks for a few measly wings, and a few beers, you can pretty much do that anywhere. You deserve a better drinking experience.

30 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Some of you are unbelievable.  You blame the coach?  Really?  Even though Carter had no business anywhere near the coach or the Ottawa sideline.  So was he supposed to bow out of the way, step aside, and allow this jerk to dance and celebrate a TD on his sideline?  Damn people, get a clue.  That was one of the worse cases of taunting I have ever seen.  In addition, he saw the coach and did not step aside.  The coach has a right to be there--Carter didn't. 

I can't believe anyone who understands football rules and class could see it any other way.

Matt Dunigan, a broadcaster for Canada's sports network TSN and covers the CFL thought that the coach kind of got in the way and flopped as well.

If you want to get technical, Rick Campbell shouldn't have been on the field. 

I think everyone realizes that Carter was being an ass, and breaking some written and unwritten rules of the game, but just don't see all of the decidedly overstated shock and outrage. Carter and a Redblacks player were consequently ejected after getting into it, but the bump was not even malicious, and Carter apologized for it.

Unlike what some may have tried to insinuate, Carter's talent is likely of a pro caliber, but his attitude and maturity has always been his main problem. This situation bares that out, but it's not surprising or worthy of being front page news anywhere but maybe Canada in my opinion.

Archived