• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seahawks sign Doug Baldwin to 4 year extension, $11.5 APY $23 mil guaranteed

ctrcat

9 hours ago, ctrcat said:

Please understand I'm not knocking Baldwin the player, but this is insane considering they could have had Okung or Irvin for LESS.  Okung was the only thing stopping GARY GILLIAM from being their LT as of now (watch their Rams game in Seattle last year if you don't think that's a big deal) and no x-factor/spy in Irvin on Cam in our head-to-head.  

By comparison, Baldwin has nothing that screams irreplaceable and our ENTIRE WR corps is currently averaging approximately half his APY now.

Irvin didn't fit Seattle at all, he was fighting for snaps.

Damn, I watched some highlights from KBs rookie season yesterday. If he can play at the same level this year, together with Funch, I think we're in for a fun year throwing the ball. Can't wait for KB, Funch and Greg in the redzone 

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Irvin didn't fit Seattle at all, he was fighting for snaps.

Say what?!  They currently have a guy named Mike Morgan starting at OLB on the depth chart and Frank Clark dropped a ton of weight to fill in his spot as well.  If what you said was true, then it was (and still is to some extent because they couldn't keep him) yet another boneheaded 1st round pick for them.

10 hours ago, csx said:

Having spent a decent amount of time in Washington the past 2 Summers I must say that the Seahawks run very very deep up there. Most of the references you see are of the old colors and logos. I would not agree with the assessment that their fanbase is bandwagon anymore or less than ours or any other.

I still hate theme. 

yeah people need to avoid getting it twisted when talking about them.  the seahawks had a devout fanbase before they had even played in a super bowl.

that said yes they do have bandwagoners on the east coast and yes most of them are 12 jersey-wearing tools who think matt hasselbeck was that old guy on the colts

11 hours ago, top dawg said:

People used to poopoo Baldwin and Golden Tate. I don't think too many people are downplaying them anymore. They've proven to be very adept receivers.

This statement is exactly right. Star receivers can be impressive, but you make it to the Superb owl on ADEPT receivers -- guys who know the game, play hard and do the little things that make plays work or bring plays back from the brink of catastrophe. Carolina proved it this year, and honestly did it in 2003 as well. You don't have to have Randy Moss or Megatron, you've just got to have two or three guys who use their heads and have reliable hands.

Top Dawg nailed this one.

The guy would be competing for our 3rd spot. Good luck with that Seachickens. He needs to send Steve Smith a thank you card for helping him fool people in to thinking he can do the same things.

The backyard football system looks great for those little guys, but in a real offensive system like Carolina's with a real QB who can hit any grid on the field you need real threats.

9 hours ago, ctrcat said:

Say what?!  They currently have a guy named Mike Morgan starting at OLB on the depth chart and Frank Clark dropped a ton of weight to fill in his spot as well.  If what you said was true, then it was (and still is to some extent because they couldn't keep him) yet another boneheaded 1st round pick for them.

They don't use there SAM LB as much, they're usually in the nickle. And Irvin wanted to be a pass rusher

Archived