• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seahawks sign Doug Baldwin to 4 year extension, $11.5 APY $23 mil guaranteed

ctrcat

Please understand I'm not knocking Baldwin the player, but this is insane considering they could have had Okung or Irvin for LESS.  Okung was the only thing stopping GARY GILLIAM from being their LT as of now (watch their Rams game in Seattle last year if you don't think that's a big deal) and no x-factor/spy in Irvin on Cam in our head-to-head.  

By comparison, Baldwin has nothing that screams irreplaceable and our ENTIRE WR corps is currently averaging approximately half his APY now.

10 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

the entire seahawks fanbase is calling this a team friendly deal lmao

I wouldn't call it team friendly per se (the devil is in the details), but it's not actually highway robbery either. I would say that he has earned it.

Baldwin is one of the smarter receivers in the league when the play breaks down and he needs to help his quarterback. He has stepped up his game year after year. Although I don't expect a season like last year this year, I don't think he's gonna fall off the map either. Now that Beast Mode is gone, they may rely on Baldwin and the passing game more.

People used to poopoo Baldwin and Golden Tate. I don't think too many people are downplaying them anymore. They've proven to be very adept receivers.

11 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

To be fair, they're only working with about four years of football knowledge 

Having spent a decent amount of time in Washington the past 2 Summers I must say that the Seahawks run very very deep up there. Most of the references you see are of the old colors and logos. I would not agree with the assessment that their fanbase is bandwagon anymore or less than ours or any other.

I still hate theme. 

2 minutes ago, csx said:

Having spent a decent amount of time in Washington the past 2 Summers I must say that the Seahawks run very very deep up there. Most of the references you see are of the old colors and logos. I would not agree with the assessment that their fanbase is bandwagon anymore or less than ours or any other.

I still hate theme. 

After having to deal with their bandwagon ass fans in our stadium the last four years, they can suck it. Especially the ones that couldn't point to Washington on a map

Archived