• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ra'Zahn Howard, DT from Purdue entering Supplemental Draft

ctrcat

Interesting mention of KK being the reason he chose Purdue here http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/102233/purdues-howard-the-next-big-thing coach compares to KK

http://www.todayspigskin.com/pigskin-news/report-purdue-dt-razahn-howard-entering-nfl-supplemental-draft/

Another site listed him as the #19 DT.  By comparison the #19 DT this year went in the 5th.

I'm in.

I think that the supplemental draft can yield a lot of potential gems. Howard appears to be one of them.  The only question is the compensation.  I know we don't like to rely on comp picks, but depending upon the workout, I might be willing to give up a little sump'm sump'm.

Don't overlook all the tools at your disposal.

10 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Pass. 

Log jam at DT rn

The Rams put Battle on their PS last year so we could do the same if we like him.  Paul, KK, and Star are unknowns two years from now, as of now.

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I'm in. I think that the supplemental draft can yield a lot of potential gems. Howard appears to be one of them.  The only question is the compensation.  I know we don't like to rely on comp picks, but depending upon the workout, I might be willing to give up a little sum'n sum'n.

The Supplemental Draft Lottery fascinates me.  In theory we could "win" the right to a higher spot in the pecking order over other playoff teams, and, given that we're winning the whole thing anyway, there is possible additional draft pecking order value to be had.  Looks like he has a previous arrest for public intoxication but no additional details.

12 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

The Supplemental Draft Lottery fascinates me.  In theory we could "win" the right to a higher spot in the pecking order over other playoff teams, and, given that we're winning the whole thing anyway, there is possible additional draft pecking order value to be had.  Looks like he has a previous arrest for public intoxication but no additional details.

Well damn, you just taught me something. I had no idea that they did a draft lottery before the supplemental draft.

As for the one charge of public intoxication, that's just a stupid kid thing. Doesn't concern me in the slightest.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived