• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Belineli to charlotte

21 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

On second thought, i'm turning over a new leaf.  This place can't be milquetoast enough.  You can never have too much vanilla, can you?  Let's just smother any and all dissenting opinions and let's all jump in the circle jerk while nodding our heads in silent, orgasmic approval of every single fuging thing our teams do.  When we are met with a well thought out, reasoned argument that differs from ours, let's just ignore it and post memes, videos, pie like minded posters for being dicks to the guys we don't like, and arrogantly avoid valid discussions to be had!

I fuging love belinelli, cho, and everything our front office does.  I hope we're scouting the local AAU circuit for the next big white guy we can draft to come in and set the world on fire with 8 and 5 so we can either not pick up his option in his 4th year or trade him before we ever get to that point.  I fuging love it.  fug it...  let's package our next 4 first rounders together and see if we can trade them to enterprise rent a car to lure Big Country Reeves out of retirement.  poo, I'd even settle on a deal for Rick Brunson and Chucky Brown, dudes could light it up on occasion and they played on plenty of teams, so they'd be perfect fits.  Jeremy Lamb is the fuging future, and he totally deserved that contract.  And even though I spoke out against ever signing Lance because he didn't fit, fug that too...  i was wrong, that was the right move, and hey!  If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have Spencer fuging Hawes aka Bill Walton in his prime, right now.

Let us worship at the altar of Cho.  Come children.  Lay down your first round picks for nba journeymen.  Leave your doubt behind.  Belinelli will lead us into a future of plentiful cap room and an abundance of corresponding moves to dig us out of the previous one made!  Hark!  Kevin Burleson and Cory Higgins are lamenting their praises upon this momentous move!

This post sums you up perfectly. No one is doing that. Just stop already. I mean....didn't you say in your first post that you are done? My god....

3 hours ago, HeatCheck said:

I think the logic that Belinelli has been on a handful of teams is the reason why we should be wary of him doesn't truly hold up. Especially considering a lot of people (myself included) prefer to have Lee back. He's not a hot commodity by any stretch but he does have a skill that will be useful in our scheme. It just isn't that simple of taking one player over the other when there's a salary cap involved.

My thought process on this trade is this:

• We weren't overly enamored with anyone that would have been in our range (granted we made the trade before the draft began)
  • We knew that it would be near impossible to re-sign Batum, Lin, Lee, Marvin, etc.
  • We figured that by trading for a shooter in Belinelli that we would be getting someone that fits a role on our team while also not breaking the bank. His $6 million salary is very friendly in today's cap situation (clearly lower than what we would be able to offer our FAs).
  • Belinelli is a proven player vs. the unknown production we would have received out of a weak draft. We could have lucked out but probably would have wound up with someone that needed time to develop. Not ideal when we are in position to compete for a playoff spot and will struggle to keep someone like a Lee. Get production now!

I understand why people are upset about this trade and have no issue with "speaking out" against the front office. I think some are just trying to play devil's advocate for why it may make sense. I try to stay level headed and not react right away in a shock acquisition. I think there's more dominos to come from this trade.

This. All of this. X 1000. 

6 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

This post sums you up perfectly. No one is doing that. Just stop already. I mean....didn't you say in your first post that you are done? My god....

Done in trying to understand the redundant series of moves our FO makes.  I know you wish that meant done posting, but sorry to disappoint you.  Now please stop interfering with my blind support of our every move, I have to make more posts saying the same thing everyone else is.

37 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Done in trying to understand the redundant series of moves our FO makes.  I know you wish that meant done posting, but sorry to disappoint you.  Now please stop interfering with my blind support of our every move, I have to make more posts saying the same thing everyone else is.

Done trying to understand jobs you're not qualified to understand may just be a great place to start. Well done. 

10 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Done trying to understand jobs you're not qualified to understand may just be a great place to start. Well done. 

And not blindly accepting everything that comes from said jobs as "the right move" would be a great place for you to start.

31 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

And not blindly accepting everything that comes from said jobs as "the right move" would be a great place for you to start.

Oh is that what I do? Good call. Just like all of the good calls in your first two posts on this thread. 

On 6/23/2016 at 8:05 PM, Proudiddy said:

I dont feel like looking, but iirc, didnt belinelli sign a 2 yr deal with sac last year?

I ask because it genuinely shows how stupid our FO is and how skittish they are of drafting anyone now bc theyve been so bad at it.  Why do i say that?  Bc why trade a first round pick for a historically inconsistent outside shooter for one year, when if thats what you really wanted, you could target one in the draft and have him for 4 years or so?

Just stupid...  i already had low expectations going in after the last few drafts, but this was an even worse move than I couldve imagined.  We traded a first rounder for a MLE guy who shafted us in FA last year for a dysfunctional Sacramento team.  I give up...

Miss #1 - no it was a 3 year deal

Miss #2 - You make a point about how skittish the FO is with this move based on it being a 2 year deal. Being wrong about miss #1 makes point #2 a miss.

Miss #3 - he hasn't been "historically inconsistent". Last year he was. Have you even taken a look as to what the reasons may have been? Or just "fug it he sucks"? 

Miss #4 - please tell us who at #22 would fill the same role at the same level that he will fill next year. 

Hit #1 - yes, you should give up

On 6/23/2016 at 8:07 PM, Proudiddy said:

Furthermore, we traded for a player at our already deepest position...  it just makes no sense.

fug it, trade all our 2s and 3s outside of MKG to move up for buddy hield.

Miss #5 - Deepest position? Who was our backup #2 before this deal?

Miss #6 - typical Pdiddy emotional response...."fug it trade everyone!!!!!!!" 

This is why I called you out for overreacting. And your response to me is that all I do is blindly support the FO. Get the fug out of here, man. Stop being so damn emotional all the time and maybe try some critical thinking.  I don't like Marco - but I can understand the move. I don't like the "win now" attitude the Hornets have with the players they have and the cap situation they're in, but it's our reality.

I have no problem with you or anyone complaining about the moves the FO is making but if you're going to do it 1) get the facts that you're using to complain right and 2) don't get all emotional and strawman when someone calls you out for being ridiculous. 

8 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Oh is that what I do? Good call. Just like all of the good calls in your first two posts on this thread. 

No, hence "great place to start."  Meaning you should give it a try.

What is the point in having a discussion board if everyone posts the same poo and the only discussion is regarding the degree of greatness every single event, transaction, or news item assumes?  There is a troubling amount of arrogance, pompousness, and groupthink outside of shared fandom on this board lately, and anything outside of that box is villianized and ridiculed.  No, I'm not always right, but neither are you, Gettleman, or Cho. So why aren't we allowed to question moves we don't agree with?

21 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Miss #1 - no it was a 3 year deal

Miss #2 - You make a point about how skittish the FO is with this move based on it being a 2 year deal. Being wrong about miss #1 makes point #2 a miss.

Miss #3 - he hasn't been "historically inconsistent". Last year he was. Have you even taken a look as to what the reasons may have been? Or just "fug it he sucks"? 

Miss #4 - please tell us who at #22 would fill the same role at the same level that he will fill next year. 

Hit #1 - yes, you should give up

Miss #5 - Deepest position? Who was our backup #2 before this deal?

Miss #6 - typical Pdiddy emotional response...."fug it trade everyone!!!!!!!" 

This is why I called you out for overreacting. And your response to me is that all I do is blindly support the FO. Get the fug out of here, man. Stop being so damn emotional all the time and maybe try some critical thinking.  I don't like Marco - but I can understand the move. I don't like the "win now" attitude the Hornets have with the players they have and the cap situation they're in, but it's our reality.

I have no problem with you or anyone complaining about the moves the FO is making but if you're going to do it 1) get the facts that you're using to complain right and 2) don't get all emotional and strawman when someone calls you out for being ridiculous. 

You clearly misinterpreted most of what i posted, and also selectively chose quotes that fit your strawman you attempted to build against me.  I didn't say our FO was skittish because he was on a two year deal.  I also posted a somewhere after that initial post that i did look up the contract and saw it was a three year deal, which only strengthened my argument - why trade a first round pick for Belinelli, when you could possibly draft a young prospect with potential which would cost a fraction of Belinelli's 6+ mil per, and you would have him for longer than those 3 years, so you have the potential to develop him into more?  I felt they were skittish in that they traded a first round pick that could be used on such a prospect because they've missed so often, and instead acquired a known, albeit disappointing veteran.

I also clarified what i meant by inconsistent in another post, which you didnt quote either.  I wasn't referring to his shooting and I was excluding last year's showing in SAC.  If you mean he's consistent in not living up to expectations and not playing defense, then yes, you would be correct.  And my responses may seem "emotional" to you, but i feel like it only counters the amount of indifference that is far too often present in "discussions" here.

And honestly, it really doesnt matter what i say or any amount of explaining I do.  It won't change your outlook on me or my post, nor will it encourage you to look at things any differently than you presently view them.  People here have drawn their lines.  I have been posting in the same style since 2004, and people either love me or hate me for it...  you're not a fan of it.  So be it.

39 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

For you? Always. That's when it gets fun. Although I'm about done with it.

On the plus side, I know football season is just around the corner when Proudiddy is getting worked up about front office moves again.

I'll take it.

Archived