• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charles Tillman "I just want to play for Carolina"

Jeremy Igo

I have so much respect for guys like Peanut.  I know he considers himself a Bear and will likely return there when he's done but I'm glad to say he played for us, unlike some other big name vets that passed through on the way to retirement.  If he can play and we need him, I hope it works out.

35 minutes ago, Bogart said:

Why do we need to take up a roster spot to "stash him" when he says he'll only play for Carolina?  If that's true the team can just wait until he's healthy and if needed they could sign him then.

IMO, the biggest benefit signing him would give us is as a veteran presence and mentor to the young guys.  To me, he would be invaluable in that role.  But in order to get that benefit, he would need to be signed and around the team by the end of preseason at the latest.  For his on the field help, sure, we could wait until he's healthy to bring him in, but to get the full benefit of his experience we'd have to bring him in early. 

Most likely, the team wants to see how the secondary progresses in preseason before deciding whether or not they need to bring in a vet.  So, if we do bring Peanut, or anyone else, in, it probably won't be until late in the preseason or even just before the season starts.

3 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Bring in Tillman and Cromartie. We're going to need a lot of help at CB. I have a really bad feeling about the CB position this year like I did before the season began when Chandler and Bell were our starting tackles. The coaches tried selling them to us back then like they're trying to sell us these CBs now. It's just a disaster waiting to happen.

Yeah, I get it, but Bene and McClain are far superior to Bell and Chandler's back ups. I just typed "Bell and Chandler's back ups" and I can't stop vomiting. 

2 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

it's such a huge compliment to hear guys who were major stars in the NFL for a decade-plus rave about the culture on this team

Especially a decade on another team, and then just one year on this one...and so passionate to come back to this one speaks volume.

2 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

it's such a huge compliment to hear guys who were major stars in the NFL for a decade-plus rave about the culture on this team

Yeah, the way him and Allen talked about our team gave me immense pride in my Panther fandom.

He's a first class guy and he may have helped our CB grouping more than anyone last year. I think we should snag him and put him on PUP before camp and reactivate him once he is rehabbed completely. He might only be on the sidelines through camp and the early games, but his knowledge and the respect he garners should be worth a lot.

There is almost 0 chance he would be ready before the bye, let him sit on the  couch till then, no reason for him to count against the roster.

We will likely pick up a couple vet cuts over the next couple months if I had to guess.

13 hours ago, Bogart said:

Why do we need to take up a roster spot to "stash him" when he says he'll only play for Carolina?  If that's true the team can just wait until he's healthy and if needed they could sign him then.

Having him on the PUP would not count as a roster spot.  The advantage of having him around in camp and early in the season is that he can mentor the newbies.

1 hour ago, KB_fan said:

Having him on the PUP would not count as a roster spot.  The advantage of having him around in camp and early in the season is that he can mentor the newbies.

If he's on the pup.. is he allowed to participate in team related things / be on sideline?

Archived