• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq has improved. TD agrees.

Jeremy Igo

16 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Don't lump all Smitty supporters in together.

Hes my GOAT and I will forever tell his tales.  The big difference is Smitty brought some fire to the field of our eventual defeat but Gettleman has brought talent to our eventual success.  I'm all in with the nips.

I'm in no way trying to lump all SS supporters together my bad. I still like Steve Smith from what he did for the Panthers. Always will. 

Im saying those that hate DG take it to another level. 

So basically, all DG haters LOVE Steve Smith, but not all Steve Smith supporters hate Dave Gettleman. 

If that makes sense. 

42 minutes ago, Montsta said:

I'm in no way trying to lump all SS supporters together my bad. I still like Steve Smith from what he did for the Panthers. Always will. 

Im saying those that hate DG take it to another level. 

So basically, all DG haters LOVE Steve Smith, but not all Steve Smith supporters hate Dave Gettleman. 

If that makes sense. 

It does and i was being a bit more tongue and cheek than it came across.  You know we cool Montsta

And let's not forget, even with DG picking all these guys that are quickly developing into really good or even great players, a big chunk of credit must also go to the coaching staff as well.  Even the most talented of players would not excel if the coaches cannot bring them along and mold them into the type of player that will excel, especially in the system in place.  I feel like we have a perfect balance of front office and coaching personnel to really make this a team of prominence for years.  

While I have been a Gettleman supporter since he first walked thru the door, Ron and his staff have to be given a lot of the credit for the player development we are seeing.  And I know, this could very well be said to be implied, but I just felt it needed to be mentioned.. 

51 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

I just like him because when he hits people i can hear the smack in section 545.

And you can probably hear Eugene's reaction up there too.  It's always funny how excited he gets when Shaq makes a big hit!  I had to listen to a few games on Panthers radio last year due to bad internet connections, and Eugene's excitement about certain plays really was memorable.

Smitty was the only time football hurt, never knew I felt like that... Now, I absolutely get it, no question....Dave makes it happen, the constant improvement since he's been here is unquestionable. Unless you're straight ruhtarded....

Hey, I realize that Gman ain't perfect, and that some of his decisions, especially early on, weren't what we were looking for. But I truly believe that even from the get go, he has tried to improve this team every time he does something. So even though not all of his decisions have thrilled me, I do know he has great intentions.

But when it comes to talent...

Ah screw it. The dude has done a remarkable job since he got here. He may have used smoke and mirrors his first few years, but thankfully, those days are behind him. He is settled in, and he seems to have a knack for the job. He has to be one of the best GMs in the game, and that is all we fans can ask. Be led by a competent leader.

I hope he stay healthy so he can stay here for a while. And I hope he gets to train his successor, so the eventual drop-off is not too great.

I'm excited about this defense even though the DB's are young. Just imagine it...KK is playing for his first big payday, Butler looks like a physical freak of nature who could eventually be even better than KK, Ealy and possibly one of the other young DE's are poised to break out, and Shaq is probably faster than Luke and TD and he will actually know what he's doing this year. I also believe that Boston and Big Play Bene will have very good and possibly even breakout seasons. We have a lot to look forward to, brothers and sisters.

My favorite Shaq moments came when he was covering Fitzgerald in the slot in nfccg vs the Cards before Davis went down. Showing he can cover big players is tremendous. Add to that he can rush the passer, this guy could be really special in the next few years.

Archived