• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursdays minicamp Notes and Photos

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

Gawd if we can hold onto KK.  Brees, matty ice and Winston are having nightmares of KK and Butler plowing up the middle!!!

Yep. Honestly, I'm more excited about Butler than I was about any player the Panthers drafted last year. The guy is an athletic freak who has the potential to be even better than KK, and I believe he will be eventually.

On the sideline during special teams drills, Ricky Proehl worked with Stephen Hill for a good five minutes. He was going over how to plant a foot on certain routes. Such fine detail in coaching is interesting to watch.

I can't help but think of how this contrasts with the Falcons hiring Raheem Morris as their WR coach.  We have an experienced legitimate former NFL WR teaching our guys the nuances of playing the position while they bring in someone that may be able to explain some general principles of being a WR, but doesn't have the intimate knowledge that only comes with having actually played the position at a high level (or even having coached it in any capacity).  I'm sure guys like Julio will be fine, but it's the young guys that need coaching and development that will be stunted.  It just highlights the difference in how each organization builds and prepares their teams...and demonstrates why we've won three straight division championships and played in a Super Bowl, while they are stuck in rebuilding hell. 

Archived