• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Day 2 Notes and Photos...

Jeremy Igo

47 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Sounds like Fozzy had a very good day yesterday and is working hard to step up his game.... clearly aware of the competition for his spot!

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article84007577.html

He feels the pressure behind him I am sure. Both CAP and Wegher look every bit as good, imo. They just don't have as many opportunities with Cam. 

15 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:
  • Devin Funchess looked like a man among boys again today while facing the Panthers secondary. In the best play of the game, Funchess did a spin move to break free from Daryl Worley, then caught a bullet from Cam Newton effortlessly for a would be touchdown. Devin Funchess may be the best receiver on the field, even when Benjamin is healthy.

200_s.gif

Bold words indeed!

Awesome to read you think Funch is getting even better.  I swear ever video I watch of Funch, either from Voth or from the Panthers media crew, he always looks like he killing it out there.  Knows the route, where to be, how to pace, how to attack the ball then reverse momentum and head up field.  In essence, he looks like he knows what he's doing and he's doing it with calculated purpose. 

Re: the defensive backs struggling.  I remember an All-Pro thread last year around this time that noted the same thing about the offense.  Turns out, it's because our defense was so fudging good, the offense looked like dog poo.  Presently, I feel as if the tables have turned.  That isn't to say our defense is dog poo--it's still a top 10 imo--but now I feel the offense has a slight edge, and with the rookie learning curve, it may appear as if we struggle at the position.  Time will tell; just a thought to hopefully calm irrational fears.

14 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Cam Newton decided he wanted to play a bit of receiver today, so he swapped jerseys with Kelvin Benjamin. Cam would run into the huddle and line up, but then run off the field. The coaching staff never entertained his request by calling his new number.

that-s-my-quarterback-o.gif

Archived