• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers MiniCamp Thread - Day 1

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Well I'm sure he's trying to dig Gman's pockets after seeing what Cox got in Philly. And KK is much better than Cox overall.

I can tend to be a homer from time to time, but idk if I'd say he's "much better".  FC and KK are both damn good.

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Voth basically has said that the feeling in the building is that Getty is loath to go north of 15 mil per year. The speculation is that Short's camp is targeting 17.

that doesn't seem all that ridiculous to be honest

i was under the impression it was gettleman thinking $13 million per year and short's camp wanting $18 or $19 million

Watched the 11 minute Periscope of RR post-practice comments.

While he said he liked the intensity and tempo, he is seeing some mistakes that he doesn't think should be happening after 10 days of OTAs.  Sounds like it's mostly the rookies, and yet he admits the team is not slowing anything down for them... basically just throwing them out there.  They've got to learn... they've got opportunities.

Sounds like they've been giving some backup Oline guys reps...  Hawkins has been getting reps at LT and Ron seems encouraged by his progress.

There was an utterly CLASSIC Joe Person moment.  Joe obviously missed the first 5 minutes of RR's comments in which he had already addressed KK's return.  Somewhere 6 minutes or so in, Joe pipes up, "forgive me if you've already addressed this, but how did you feel having KK back out there."  Wow.  The other reporters must have wanted to clobber the guy.  UGH.

Towards the end of his comments, (round about 10:30) RR got talking about the WRs.  Interesting that in spite of Proehl's hype about Hill, Hill was not a name that rolled off RR's lips.  In addition to KB & Funch, Ron mentioned Ginn, Byrd & Philly as guys he's excited about.  Also mentioned Bersin & Norwood.  I'm pretty sure he did not mention Hill at all, nor Garrett.

Not sure how long it will stay online, but here's the tweet with the Periscope embedded:

Please get a deal done with short soon. I dread having article after article pop up on all sports outlets about how it could be a distraction blah blah blah. I just don't see how we let him walk after this year with what happened with Norman. we all know Getty says he doesn't like to develop guys for other teams.

43 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

I can tend to be a homer from time to time, but idk if I'd say he's "much better".  FC and KK are both damn good.

This,  plus he does what he does out of the 3-4. And considering he's two years younger you might can say his upside is better. Both are at the top of their position along with a few others. 

Archived