• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kawann Short checks in for MiniCamp

Jeremy Igo

Was just having a bit of a discussion about this on twitter with Nata the Scribe...whoever the hell that is.

Either way, smart move on KK's part, don't blab about wanting to be the highest paid DT in the league, or begin to mention holding out when DG is running the show.

45 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Was just having a bit of a discussion about this on twitter with Nata the Scribe...whoever the hell that is.

Either way, smart move on KK's part, don't blab about wanting to be the highest paid DT in the league, or begin to mention holding out when DG is running the show.

Why, Because he has brought us championships to back it up??

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Lol the Charlotte observer's title on this topic.

"Unhappy Carolina Panthers DT Kawann Short reports for minicamp"

Gotta make something outta nothing if you're at the observer.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article83452407.html

Just a quick comment.  The headline & the caption on the picture are pretty dramatic in using the "unhappy" spin.  But the very short article itself by Person is 100% accurate and doesn't try to hype this situation at all.  Authors don't write their headlines or captions usually.  That's up to the editors.

Here's most of what the article itself says:

Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Kawann Short checked in Monday for the start of the team’s mandatory, four-day minicamp after missing the past two weeks of practice in the midst of stalled contract talks.

Short was at Bank of America Stadium on Monday morning to take a physical and handle other procedural matters associated with minicamp, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Short sat out the Panthers’ organized team activities the past two weeks as a show of protest early in the negotiations on a long-term contract extension.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article83452407.html

Pretty good job by Person to not blow this up into a bigger story than it is.... and then the headline writers just override what he wrote and it changes the whole tone.

(I have had a little journalism experience, and editors / headline writers are often not beloved by those who write the articles...  Headlines can blow something totally out of proportion, and that's what's been done here.  I'd be grinding my teeth and spitting mad today if I were Person and that headline showed up on what had been a pretty good job of staying neutral on the situation with KK and not blowing it into something bigger than it was.)

58 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Just a quick comment.  The headline & the caption on the picture are pretty dramatic in using the "unhappy" spin.  But the very short article itself by Person is 100% accurate and doesn't try to hype this situation at all.  Authors don't write their headlines or captions usually.  That's up to the editors.

Here's most of what the article itself says:

Pretty good job by Person to not blow this up into a bigger story than it is.... and then the headline writers just override what he wrote and it changes the whole tone.

(I have had a little journalism experience, and editors / headline writers are often not beloved by those who write the articles...  Headlines can blow something totally out of proportion, and that's what's been done here.  I'd be grinding my teeth and spitting mad today if I were Person and that headline showed up on what had been a pretty good job of staying neutral on the situation with KK and not blowing it into something bigger than it was.)

Perhaps if  we didn't already know Person asks those hard hitting questions..  The kind that has the GM laughing hysterically in his face.. 

4 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Nata from WFNZ. Worked with TheCallUp. Haven't listened to Charlotte radio in awhile though so I'm not sure what he's doing now.

Archived