• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About Cam Newton...

Jeremy Igo

Very nice write up, Jeremy.  I've noticed that Cam is great around kids, and adults as long as they're hanging out and having a good time.  As soon as grown ups start getting clingy and needy he bounces.  He came over to sign for our kids yesterday, but the swarm of booger eaters descended on him immediately.  As soon as they came around he moved on.  

If you're a male that's over 16 and are asking for an autograph, I'm going to assume you're a virgin.  Quit being a damn leech and let the kids have some fun.

I concur wholeheartedly with TheRed. You have come a long way with your writing skills. You are starting to put journalism in to photo journalism. The Huddle was already one of the top fans sites around. If you keep this up. It will defiantly be King of the Heap.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but, I gotta say that you just might have become teh man.

I agree with cam. I understand his position. But as a huge cam fan since his HS days. and watching him evolve, I would like to have his autograph as a adult. Its not just a scribble to me. Its something I would cherish as a panther fan and a Cam fan. I got a Steve Smith Jersey framed and I agree with the conversation and walking with cam but the autograph is a memorabilia piece that is a memory after its all said and done.  I ask how many kids 4 and 5  remember those times when they get 25 to 30. Or even when you when you 25 nd 30 and you got a little one to young to even know football when the day comes where they do see him on TV all you say is a story with no proof. The memorabilia piece says that.

probably half the grown men hounding cam for autos are going to turn around and chuck it on ebay within 72 hours, and i bet he knows it.  remember that massive kerfuffle that happened when those promotional materials for an autograph session with an entry fee started circulating?  that's a standard practice that guys like aaron rodgers, eli manning, and even the anointed one tim teƄow take part in but since it was cam it got in the headlines implying that he was some kind of asshole or scam artist for it.  those kind of events with what amounts to like a $300 door fee are the ones targeted at the guys in the first sentence.

I see Cam reasonably often as he is going home from the stadium when I'm leaving for work pretty frequently and rides his sweet motorized razor scooter when it is nice. He is a pretty chill guy. If you just say hey whats up and talk to him like a normal human he will treat you the same, just dont be a creeper. That is much the same of the rest of the players I've had any interaction with. Most of them are normal really cool guys. They just have a great atletic ability they get paid for

38 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

I watched Cam take selfies with about 60 groups of people at his gala last night. I thought about this article the whole time. He smiled in every picture but you could tell he wasn't enjoying it. He did what he had to do and didn't say no to anyone. 

Cam knows that he now has to live with the Peter Parker/Spiderman code.

"Some fans no longer simply and politely ask for an autograph. Not in this digital age of snapchat and instagram. An autograph or a hand shake is no longer good enough. Fans now need a digital memento that their friends can envy. It isn’t about their own personal experience with Cam tucked away in their memory. It is more about their friends being jealous of their experience through social media. Everyone is now starring in their own personal reality TV show with terrible ratings.  This narcissism has crept into all facets of everyone’s daily lives, my own included I can shamefully admit."

I'm glad you added the last sentence because I was about to say you make a living off of doing it so it's not right for you to judge. Especially since these people don't get to be around Cam or the team all the time like you.

2 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

"Some fans no longer simply and politely ask for an autograph. Not in this digital age of snapchat and instagram. An autograph or a hand shake is no longer good enough. Fans now need a digital memento that their friends can envy. It isn’t about their own personal experience with Cam tucked away in their memory. It is more about their friends being jealous of their experience through social media. Everyone is now starring in their own personal reality TV show with terrible ratings.  This narcissism has crept into all facets of everyone’s daily lives, my own included I can shamefully admit."

I'm glad you added the last sentence because I was about to say you make a living off of doing it so it's not right for you to judge. Especially since these people don't get to be around Cam or the team all the time like you.

I think you may have missed the point...

People have become crazed with the photo or video and once they have they are on to the next thing. I was at the Braves/Cubs game on Saturday and Bill Murray and Jason Bateman were both there. Neither one got to enjoy in between innings as mobs of people were coming down their seats for camera time. I know it comes with the territory but it's sad that we've become this way. 

Archived