• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About Cam Newton...

Jeremy Igo

Well done piece. Does Cam ever seem irritated by your presence? I know he knows you but does he seemed irritated by professional photographers always around?

Your observations about adults, iPhones and social media seems spot on but I wonder about the professionals.

3 hours ago, Moorgan said:

Well done piece. Does Cam ever seem irritated by your presence? I know he knows you but does he seemed irritated by professional photographers always around?

Your observations about adults, iPhones and social media seems spot on but I wonder about the professionals.

He doesn't ever seem irritated. I feel he knows pro photogs can be a real asset to him. Most of us try to always give him at least several feet of personal space. 

Generally agree. But the bit about being photographed all the time I couldn't disagree more. That's the price of admission to his club IMO. Moreover, it wasn't a private moment with family and friends; it was a CELEBRITY kick-ball tournament meant for fan interaction. Would I be selfying it up? Ya damn right! As for autographs, leave that for the kids. Why the hell is Cam gonna sign some grown man's sign when there's 20 kids around him?

"There is a part of Cam Newton that doesn’t want the attention."

True of any celebrity. Both pluses and minuses to fame. Sounds like Cam is as good at learning to handle it as he is at learning how to be a great QB and team leader.

Good article with some excellent observations.

I have always disagreed with the idea that celebrity status means you should deal with gawkers and autograph seekers and their ilk. No matter how famous I would ever get, I will have my personal space and I will not sign anything put in front of me. I don't bother celebrities I have the oppurtunity to meet, a real conversation beats some scribble everytime if it happens, otherwise I will mind my own damn business.

This is your best work yet. You've really stepped your game up in the presentation of these articles Jeremy. It's a learning process like anything in life of course. But kudos for putting in the effort to continue improving the smaller aspects.

Also, I see Bill Voth shadowing Newton pretty closely in one picture. Hopefully he learned something from the fallout of his theatrics, and rather questionable professionalism regarding the Super Bowl press conference.

11 minutes ago, TheRed said:

This is your best work yet. You've really stepped your game up in the presentation of these articles Jeremy. It's a learning process like anything in life of course. But kudos for putting in the effort to continue improving the smaller aspects.

Thanks. 

Archived