• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers OTA - Week Three Photos and Observations...

Jeremy Igo

• Devin Funchess continued his solid play, and even jawed a bit with AJ Klein after some contact he felt unnecessary. Funchess coming into his own and being more vocal and aggressive can only be a good thing.

This is awesome to hear.  Funch was definitely very green, smiley, and almost "nice" on the field last year.  I like that he's getting a little chirpy.

Sounds like there's some good stuff happening on the field.  Dang, seems like it's gonna be such a tough choice re: the WRs.

Glad to hear Fozzy, Wegher & CAP all showed some good stuff today.  Stew's lingering foot injury (reported by the Observer this afternoon - there's a separate thread) is worrying...  We may need to rely much more heavily on one of these other RBs than expected.

Butler looks insanely explosive and agile.

Byrd is definitely one of my favorites, so I hope he and Hill keep it up.

Good to hear about Funchess too.  I think he can be the real deal.  He kept improving as the year went on and now he's got a whole year under his belt and will have a monster like Kelvin on the field with him.  Can't wait.

5 hours ago, Nate Dogg said:

What does Philly provide that Byrd doesn't, other than experience? I feel like Byrd could do everything Philly has done, but better.
I would like to see us take a chance on this kid. There's not really any risk involved and with that kind of speed the ceiling is very high.

In my ideal world we would keep 6 receivers; Kelvin, Devin, Ginn, Hill, Byrd, and Bersin. And stash Garrett on the ps and see what happens.

brown over bersin in that scenario. bersin over byrd too, who is still eligible for the PS

Archived