• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Kawann Short holding out?

Jeremy Igo

Short is a DT, not a DE like all the links posted have stated.

Also, I'm honestly not worried about it. We actually have the cap space to get a deal done, potentially front load the contract with tons of money, and still come out smelling like roses in a year or two in order to sign our other young talent long term. 

41 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The Panthers need KK much more than they needed JNo. 

I certainly wouldn't say "much more" given the tremendous depth at DT we have right now. I might even like our chances better with DT rotations of Star/Solia/Butler/Love than trying to play (last season) at CB with Tillman/Bene/Cheap Free Agent and little in the way of quality reserves.

40 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The Panthers need KK much more than they needed JNo. 

This could escalate quickly, hopefully into a contract. 

Holdouts rarely do that. Let's just hope someone is just guessing. 

people can say otas are voluntary but when you're on a team working for the superbowl, they aren't really voluntary and unless you have a family issue or something important you need to be there-- that's why Rivera said those guys are "excused"-- don't be so naive as to think anyone really thinks they're voluntary in that building.

i support KK getting a good deal as soon as possible, but skipping practices doesn't make a point to anyone. at this point reading about it in the offseason it's as good as an empty formality to me that for some reason players feel like they need to partake in whenever it's negotiation time. yeah, every opening offer and early negotiation is gonna feel like a lowball to you, too bad. there is a dignity to negotiating that our top players have and that i thought KK would also subscribe to. Cam, Luke, TD, Greg. those are our core leaders and none of them skipped poo to make a point. i'm also willing to bet that the first offer wasn't perfect for any of them and negotiations still took time. in fact, looking back at TD last year makes me think he felt a little slighted at the early offers before it came around for him. did any of them skip stuff where they are supposed to be team leaders? no fuging way. why? because they have enough confidence in the work they have put together for this team that there is no question the deal will get done and poo, if it doesn't, they know they're getting paid somewhere. they don't need to play games. Josh wanted to play games too, as if he wouldn't get big money from somewhere. like you need to force someone. Short's supposed to be one of the new core and is becoming one of our leaders on the defense. honestly it's pretty disappointing to me that he would feel the need to hold out, as if he thinks we need help realizing he's important.

it's not the end of the world yet since it is just otas and there is only so much that can be done in those practices. i highly doubt he goes to training camp without a deal. but if he doesn't and he holds out then too, then he is screwing his team and teammates and i won't look at him the same.

Archived