• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Progress Report for Panthers Receivers

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

How did he not have a chance with the Jets? He started 19 games his first 2 years including 8 his rookie year and 11 his second year. His problem was he ran poor routes and dropped the ball. You can argue they didn't develop him or he wasn't ready to start but they surely gave him chances.

I don't know, cutting a 23 year old receiver with so many correctable issues does seem like they didn't give him much of a chance. 

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

How did he not have a chance with the Jets? He started 19 games his first 2 years including 8 his rookie year and 11 his second year. His problem was he ran poor routes and dropped the ball. You can argue they didn't develop him or he wasn't ready to start but they surely gave him chances.

he had geno and sanchez as his qbs , guy was thrown into the fire early on and they didn't use him for his deep threat talent .

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I don't know, cutting a 23 year old receiver with so many correctable issues does seem like they didn't give him much of a chance. 

Could be he wasn't working on getting better, and got a swift kick in the rear by being practice squaded and then tore an ACL?

Maybe he finally started doing something that the Jets couldn't get him to do...work.

I'm glad hill seems to have improved, he could be a great help to the team especially if Ginn gets hurt.

Now where are all the hill fanatics? Y'all were more boisterous when he didn't know the plays and couldn't catch

3 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Could be he wasn't working on getting better, and got a swift kick in the rear by being practice squaded and then tore an ACL?

Maybe he finally started doing something that the Jets couldn't get him to do...work.

I'd rather just assume the Jets coaching staff is dreadfully incompetent. 

:)

2 hours ago, jayflip said:

Remember when we cut Smitty and only had King McNutt on the roster?

This is what an actual GM creates in a short timespan. 

The amount of analysis and hype around McNutt's one incompletion in that final Atlanta game was incredible.

2 hours ago, panthers55 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000057378/article/rex-ryan-stephen-hill-not-my-pick-for-new-york-jets/

He had a chance and it didn't go that well, I'll give you that.  But he certainly wasn't set up for success either.  Can you imagine if Ron Rivera had come out and said this about Devin Funchess last year?  

@panthers55, has Hill really has a legitimate chance? He came out of college with a huge learning curve, but was forced into a starting role despite his deficiencies, but also the Jets' all-encompassing clusterfug as well.

Now that he has had time to learn and refine his skills, he gets a real chance. Most importantly, he does not have to be the receiver that opposing defenses can focus on---and not even the number two---but one receiver in a group that can exploit the situation because of not being the defense's primary focus. In theory, Hill could flourish in this type of system.

Archived