• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Progress Report for Panthers Receivers

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Love that Hill is improving. His ceiling has always been high but he was raw. Looks like D. Byrd and Keyarris are practice squad bound. I just hope they aren't picked up. 

What are the chances of having 6 wide outs? 

I mean, there is so much talent there. But there is so much more need elsewhere. I can see an argument for both. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I mean, there is so much talent there. But there is so much more need elsewhere. I can see an argument for both. 

Are we talking about talent like the RB position back in 08? 

Point being, if we lose someone due to injury, we'll have a strong back up?

I see your point, it's a great situation to be in,  for the team. For the players, they'll have to earn that spot through hard work and dedication. May the best wide outs make the roster.

Dare I say it? We're stacked at WR.. 

Can't wait for preseason and see the improvements from Funch and Hill plus Philly

and good gawd if KB starts catching "Everything" this dude has potential to be a top 5 WR in the league this year.  Especially if Funch has improved as advertised on the otherside.

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Can't wait for preseason and see the improvements from Funch and Hill plus Philly

and good gawd if KB starts catching "Everything" this dude has potential to be a top 5 WR in the league this year.  Especially if Funch has improved as advertised on the otherside.

Bingo!

If KB can't be double teamed due to Olsen and at least one other WR on the other side... 

There aren't any DBs in the NFL that can be physical with Kelvin. This is getting pretty dang on interesting.  

Basically, with Kelvin out last year, WR was our weakest position group overall (though they all rose to the occasion and with Cam's talent, they achieved great things as a unit.  Amazing!)  If suddenly our greatest weakness becomes one of our strengths...  Yowsa!  Can't wait to see it! 

OK, so I'm inferring from this progress report that the favorites (as of now) to be out 5 WRs as of now are: KB, Funchess, Ginn, Philly, and Hill. Bersin is the perfect receiver except for a limited amount of athleticism and talent (sounds a lot like Cotchery the last few years IMO). D. Byrd, Garrett, and Norwood (as I understand the rules) are all still PS eligible. And, most likely, everyone gets cut prior to the start of the season. Realistically, Bersin gets left behind (which makes me a little sad) and we only place 2 WR's on the PS.

Not a bad problem to have. 

54 minutes ago, juliosantos said:

I think hill has the biggest upside. He got the size and speed but never had a chance on the jets . I think we can turn him around like we turned ginn around.

How did he not have a chance with the Jets? He started 19 games his first 2 years including 8 his rookie year and 11 his second year. His problem was he ran poor routes and dropped the ball. You can argue they didn't develop him or he wasn't ready to start but they surely gave him chances.

Archived