• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated Panthers Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

Few things... 

1) you mean we aren't looking for a backup qb?! ... ... ... okay I'll see myself out. Lol.

2) I'm really happy for Stephen Hill. I was totally against taking him, but I'll be the first to admit he seems on track to prove me wrong.

3) gonna miss the wakka wakka :( but it needs to happen. Wegher and CAP are the future at RB. 

4) my gut reaction to our OL lineup is to worry. But I worried last year, and we saw significant improvement. Here's to hoping we put the best lineup possible on the field

5) so @Jeremy Igo which Byrd are you thinking will make the roster if not Damiere?

1 hour ago, UpstatePanther said:

which Byrd are you thinking will make the roster if not Damiere?

The only other Byrd is LaRon. I'm pulling for him, long shot that he is. A 'big byrd' on the roster would be cool.

So you're telling us you've climbed aboard the Cox train?

Welcome to the party. I've been a fan of Cox for a while, and hope he sticks.

I really think lots of people are going to be fans of Cox pretty soon, too.

He'll definitely beat out Horton, but I think Delaire knocks out Horton too.

7 hours ago, Panther53521 said:

I think Fozzy is the odd man out ... Fozzy and CAP are basically the same back, youth always wins out. Plus rewatch the SuperBowl, Fozzy looked totally lost picking up blitzes, I would rather have a young guy still learning than an older vet that still cant pick up the blitz.

Not sure I ever will, but either way I'm not one to judge players on one game.

I don't see them as similar players at all. Fozzy is the smaller receiving back, CAP has at least 15 pounds on him and better fits the feature role. CAP's hands were also a concern going into the draft, pretty sure his five receptions this year were more than his college total. Maybe he can add that to his game though. To be fair, the receiving back isn't a huge part of our gameplan, just illustrating the difference in the two backs.

I'm also not sure age is really a factor. There's less than two years separating all three of these guys: Fozzy 27, CAP 26, Wegher 25. If either of the sophomores take off they'll wrap up their rookie contracts at age 28/29, not really ideal for a "young, learning" player. I was a little upset we didn't find a young guy in/after the draft to add to the group.

Archived