• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated Panthers Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

Hopefully Damiere not LaRon though apparently he's big and runs fast, Byrd has that extreme, extreme speed and quickness

Oh, who wins a foot race, D. Byrd or Stephen Hill ? 

Your boy Kraken was mentioned as a possibility with the Falcons on MMQB this week (and Saints and Bucs on the lesser known pro football rumors).  Fwiw.  The guy that fought the GTFO our field fight at the front line and spokesman of the forces of good, now being mentioned with the dark side of evil.  SMH

Looks pretty similar to mine overall, I'd agree on all of QB, TE, LB, CB, and ST. I also agree that they'll cut down to 3 RBs, I just have some doubts whether CAP or Wegher can replace Fozzy's receiving ability. Wegher is the only one with practice squad eligibility, I'm guessing he's the odd man out.

I'm still on the Rockhead train, I don't think they gave him $20K up front without a plan for him. I'm picking an extra fullback instead of a fifth OT. Foucault may be gone but I think they only keep 4 tackles and 9 OL in total.

I'm also thinking 6 receivers (which is pretty common for the Panthers), I agree on the five listed but the sixth could be any of Norwood, Bersin, Garrett, Byrd (Damiere, but the LaRon note is interesting). My original prediction was Norwood, so I'll stick with that.

I guess I'd remove the fifth safety to make the room, probably Ball. Could see Robinson eliminating Jones as well.

DL distribution seem right, though I have a hard time believing both Cox and Horton beat out Delaire. Kinda figure one of Cox or Miley unseat Horton, though.

I assume Foccault is still PS eligible? I'd put him there and keep an extra WR or CB. I still wonder if they would keep someone like Garrett or Wegher on until after the first cut down, as to not expose them to waivers, then send them to IR and bring Peanut back. Extra time to heal and rest and he probably doesn't really need training camp that much.

Im surprised Marcus Lucas hasn't made more of an impact at TE, I remember him being that one cut last year that hurt, thinking he had big potential and then we brought him back this year again?  Would love for him to get in there over Dickson and have it be Olsen/Sandland/Lucas.

1 hour ago, Cam El said:

I assume Foccault is still PS eligible? I'd put him there and keep an extra WR or CB. I still wonder if they would keep someone like Garrett or Wegher on until after the first cut down, as to not expose them to waivers, then send them to IR and bring Peanut back. Extra time to heal and rest and he probably doesn't really need training camp that much.

I've been wondering about Foucault's PS-eligibility as well.  Figuring out the PS rules are almost as bad as trying to figure out comp picks! 

He's played in 5 games total (in 2014), and I think he's been on the active gameday roster for 8 games total, plus being on the PS for the full season last year.   I THINK that may mean he might still have a year of eligibility - especially since there may be some kind of exception for an international player.  (I've seen various Huddlers write of this, but have never seen anything official).

Here's what I can find about the PS rules.  I'm not sure if the 2014-2015 exception which increased the PS from 8 to 10 has been made permanent.  I assume it has.

This is from a Giants forum:

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/glossary/

2014-15 Practice Squad Addendum: The NFL and the NFL Players Association have agreed to expand NFL Practice Squads for the 2014 and 2015 seasons. Absent an extension of the agreement, the current rules will be reinstated beginning with the 2016 season. Under the agreement, 2014 and 2015 Practice Squads will increase from the current maximum of eight players to 10 players. In addition, the criteria for Practice Squad eligibility has been expanded in two respects. First, a player must have a minimum of six games – up from the current three games – on a Practice Squad in order for that season to count as one of the player’s three permissible seasons of Practice Squad service. Second, each club will be permitted to sign a maximum of two Practice Squad players who have earned no more than two accrued seasons of free agency credit. Absent this exception, a player who has earned one or more accrued seasons would not be eligible for a Practice Squad unless the player spent fewer than nine games on a club’s 46-player active list in each of his accrued seasons. All other practice squad rules under Article 33 of the 2011 Collective Bargaining Agreement will remain in effect during the 2014 and 2015 seasons.

14 hours ago, KillerKat said:

I wanna know if Horton is so good why did we cut him twice?

He doesn't have to be "good", just less bad than your other options.

13 hours ago, TylerVagyler said:

How has Garrett been doing?

According to Jeremy, he's been invisible as far impressing anyone with his play.

Running Back (3)
Jonathan Stewart
Cameron Artis-Payne
Brandon Wegher

I also think that will be our RBs for the year.

16 hours ago, jdpanther5 said:

Looks pretty similar to mine overall, I'd agree on all of QB, TE, LB, CB, and ST. I also agree that they'll cut down to 3 RBs, I just have some doubts whether CAP or Wegher can replace Fozzy's receiving ability. Wegher is the only one with practice squad eligibility, I'm guessing he's the odd man out.

I think Fozzy is the odd man out ... Fozzy and CAP are basically the same back, youth always wins out. Plus rewatch the SuperBowl, Fozzy looked totally lost picking up blitzes, I would rather have a young guy still learning than an older vet that still cant pick up the blitz.

Wide Receiver (5)
Kelvin Benjamin
Devin Funchess
Ted Ginn
Stephen Hill
Philly Brown

I believe that the Panthers will keep 6 WR, but I am not really sure who the 6th one will be.

Stephen Hill will make the team and be the long term replacement for Ginn. Hill is still very young(25), while Ginn is 31, that is old for a journeyman WR.

Archived