• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Night and Day

Jeremy Igo

23 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Stephen Hill is Cam Newton's personal pick.

Not sure what all the fuss is over Hill's drops. He fits right in with KB, Funch and Ginn. Panthers no longer want the receivers who can catch 60% of their passes. If a receiver can catch at least 40% of their passes, then they are in as long as they are big or fast.

And your evidence for this?

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

On the other hand the NFL stands for not for long. Gettleman has shown he isn't afraid to make changes and put in who he thinks it best. Last year Boston thought his job was safe and was replaced by Coleman. Philly better play like his job depends on it because it does. Hill has more starting NFL experience than Brown does.

True enough on the starts, but Philly has 7 more catches for 150 more yards and 2 more TDs (22 more catches for 425 more yards and 2 more TDs counting the playoffs as well as the playoff and SB gametime experience) in his 2 years and just came up big in Carolina's playoff run. By no means am I saying that Philly's a lock - I'm saying that Hill has a battle ahead of him and that his on-field showing to date has been less than impressive. If Hill puts it together in preseason, give the man a spot.

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

Stephen Hill is Cam Newton's personal pick.

Not sure what all the fuss is over Hill's drops. He fits right in with KB, Funch and Ginn. Panthers no longer want the receivers who can catch 60% of their passes. If a receiver can catch at least 40% of their passes, then they are in as long as they are big or fast.

A WR on this squad would be welcomed if he dropped 6 out of 10 passes?  Really...

izp0tqf.gif

12 hours ago, Jmac said:

Bersin has actually contributed on the field in many instances. Hill has not at this point and the jury is still out on if and when he ever will. I recall many times when Bersin pulled in a ball on third down to keep drives going.  Did the job that he was called on to do.

Not saying he didn't...just saying the Panthers have been known to keep projects around.  Even ones with limited abilities.  

Ok, the build-up for an NFL ready Hill has hit capacity here.  Haven't seen anything yet, he hasn't done anything in a game.  I'll wait and see when we get more of a look to judge if the kid can finally crack our roster as the 5th WR.  He may look good but we talking 'bout practice.  Sweet summer child. 

9 hours ago, KB_fan said:

One of the Panthers.com writers recently wrote that Bersin could still be PS-eligible (I suppose under one of the exceptions).  Honestly I could see that.  Bersin makes a GREAT emergency WR for us to call up if someone is injured since he knows the offense so well and has good rapport with Cam. 

As I read that part, I couldn't help but compare Bersin to a side chick that will always accept you, you can always rely on but just can't commit to or brag about in public and you let her know that. She 'plays' alright, cooks decent but you just can't help yourself from thinking that you can realistically do better. 

I'm all up for Hill replacing Bersin, even when Bersin contributed so much over the past years. The upside appears to be greater. 

Archived