• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Night and Day

Jeremy Igo

If he continues to impress the staff and Ricky Proehl in particular I could see him making the roster and getting some playing time. Honestly tell me what Philly brings to the table that Hill doesnt beat in spades.  Hill is 6' 4" and runs a 4.34.  That is crazy fast for such a big receiver.

26 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

If he continues to impress the staff and Ricky Proehl in particular I could see him making the roster and getting some playing time. Honestly tell me what Philly brings to the table that Hill doesnt beat in spades.  Hill is 6' 4" and runs a 4.34.  That is crazy fast for such a big receiver.

If he makes the roster, and then makes a few plays during the season, he could easily threaten several guys on the depth chart.   I'm not making predictions or anything, but a physical freak like him, that can now play well(hypothetical), is easily your #2 at worst.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

At the moment Philly has the edge in at least catching the ball and route-running, two pretty important WR skills. That said, we haven't seen Hill on an NFL field in 3 years and he may have improved immensely (as Jeremy is intimating). Until he does it on the field though Philly has the advantage by default.

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

At the moment Philly has the edge in at least catching the ball and route-running, two pretty important WR skills. That said, we haven't seen Hill on an NFL field in 3 years and he may have improved immensely (as Jeremy is intimating). Until he does it on the field though Philly has the advantage by default.

On the other hand the NFL stands for not for long. Gettleman has shown he isn't afraid to make changes and put in who he thinks it best. Last year Boston thought his job was safe and was replaced by Coleman. Philly better play like his job depends on it because it does. Hill has more starting NFL experience than Brown does.

Stephen Hill is Cam Newton's personal pick.

Not sure what all the fuss is over Hill's drops. He fits right in with KB, Funch and Ginn. Panthers no longer want the receivers who can catch 60% of their passes. If a receiver can catch at least 40% of their passes, then they are in as long as they are big or fast.

Archived