• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Night and Day

Jeremy Igo

I have this sneaking feeling that Garrett isn't going to see the field much during preseason.  They're going to try to hide him from other teams and stash him on the practice squad.

Stephen Hill just turned 25 in April.  Keep in mind he was drafted in 2012.  Kelvin Benjamin also just turned 25, drafted in 2014.  

Just saying, guys that are raw and super young when drafted like Funchess and Hill take years to develop.  Hill being with the Jets probably slowed his progress more than you would expect. During his time there he had Mark Sanchez and rookie Geno Smith throwing passes with foot enthusiast (not that there's anything wrong with that) and defensive 'guru' Rex Ryan steering the ship.  Look at the offensive talent drafted and developed under Rex, it's almost non-existent.  

You could almost say when he got to Carolina he was a 23 (24?) year old rookie with two years of NFL experience.  Throw in the ACL tear and you could see he's well behind the development curve.  If there's a situation that can get him to reach his potential, it's ours.  Coach Proehl,working out with KB during rehab (KB and Hill rehab together), an MVP quarterback and a GM who believes in developing talent.  I'll keep my expectations low, but my hopes high.  I'm pulling for him.  It's certainly exciting to see a noticeable difference from last year, I hope it carries over to when the pads are on.  

49 minutes ago, firstdayfan said:

We've done that with Bersin for like the last three years now...and we've got no more than a move the chains once a game receiver who doesn't play special teams.  I imagine Hill can at least do that.

49 minutes ago, firstdayfan said:

Bersin has actually contributed on the field in many instances. Hill has not at this point and the jury is still out on if and when he ever will. I recall many times when Bersin pulled in a ball on third down to keep drives going.  Did the job that he was called on to do.

6 minutes ago, shaka said:

Stephen Hill just turned 25 in April.  Keep in mind he was drafted in 2012.  Kelvin Benjamin also just turned 25, drafted in 2014.  

Just saying, guys that are raw and super young when drafted like Funchess and Hill take years to develop.  Hill being with the Jets probably slowed his progress more than you would expect. During his time there he had Mark Sanchez and rookie Geno Smith throwing passes with foot enthusiast (not that there's anything wrong with that) and defensive 'guru' Rex Ryan steering the ship.  Look at the offensive talent drafted and developed under Rex, it's almost non-existent.  

You could almost say when he got to Carolina he was a 23 (24?) year old rookie with two years of NFL experience.  Throw in the ACL tear and you could see he's well behind the development curve.  If there's a situation that can get him to reach his potential, it's ours.  Coach Proehl,working out with KB during rehab (KB and Hill rehab together), an MVP quarterback and a GM who believes in developing talent.  I'll keep my expectations low, but my hopes high.  I'm pulling for him.  It's certainly exciting to see a noticeable difference from last year, I hope it carries over to when the pads are on.  

well said, good sir.  have pie.

Archived