• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Muhsin was on this team...

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

I know you just started cheering for the team in 2013 but way back when Muhsin was absolutely dogged (and rightfully so) for inconsistent effort, bitching about his contract, practice field antics, or getting busted with illegal guns and weed during traffic stops. 

No one whined more about his role or contract than moose. Outside of three ridiculous years, two of which were contract years (and one was that magical 99 season where basically anyone who stepped on the field was getting 1k yards) he was the definition of mediocre to average over his career.

2013? That's laughable. 

Moose was a solid player for us. No need to qualify this year from that. It's taking unnecessary and gratuitous potshots at a career that wasn't perfect but solid enough, and totally unrelated to the reason why @Jeremy Igo started the thread.

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

I know you just started cheering for the team in 2013 but way back when Muhsin was absolutely dogged (and rightfully so) for inconsistent effort, bitching about his contract, practice field antics, or getting busted with illegal guns and weed during traffic stops. 

No one whined more about his role or contract than moose. Outside of three ridiculous years, two of which were contract years (and one was that magical 99 season where basically anyone who stepped on the field was getting 1k yards) he was the definition of mediocre to average over his career.

Pretty damn average...

image.png

And don't discredit his "three ridiculous years". They happened and he deserves some credit.

Does it matter who was throwing Moose the ball during those "mediocre" years or is that all his fault too?

Fans complained when Smith disappeared or had drop slumps too. What a the minority of numbs skulls and nitwits  think about a player at any given moment does not define a players career. You can find fans who were calling for Newtons head in 14. That doesnt mean poo about his career. Fan opinion is about the last thing to go by to judge a player.

3 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Pretty damn average...

image.png

And don't discredit his "three ridiculous years". They happened and he deserves some credit.

Does it matter who was throwing Moose the ball during those "mediocre" years or is that all his fault too?

yes outside of three seasons his numbers were mediocre to average. it's not taking away from three great seasons, but i mean it's sitting there staring you right in the face. 

and uh he chose to go to chicago so yeah he knew what he was getting in to. 

4 hours ago, TapRackCap said:

In Mushin's defense he endured some hard times playing with the Panthers. Whi was the best qb he played with? Drunk Kerry Collins? :)

honestly that one year of steve beurlein. 

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

2013? That's laughable. 

Moose was a solid player for us. No need to qualify this year from that. It's taking unnecessary and gratuitous potshots at a career that wasn't perfect but solid enough, and totally unrelated to the reason why @Jeremy Igo started the thread.

sorry didn't mean to talk about a player on a discussion message board

5 hours ago, csx said:

Fans complained when Smith disappeared or had drop slumps too. What a the minority of numbs skulls and nitwits  think about a player at any given moment does not define a players career. You can find fans who were calling for Newtons head in 14. That doesnt mean poo about his career. Fan opinion is about the last thing to go by to judge a player.

Agreed.  Moose played well for us.  He was a pretty good blocker and he made some clutch catches.  If he had Cam throwing to him he'd put up great numbers I think.

Muhsin Muhammad is ranked 24th all time in receptions and 28th all time in yards. Steve Smith is the only other WR in Panthers history that surpasses him.

The odds of any of the Panthers current WRs coming close to Muhammad's numbers in their careers are not favorable? Any WR currently on the Panthers' roster could only dream of having a career like Muhammad.

3 hours ago, electro's horse said:

yes outside of three seasons his numbers were mediocre to average. it's not taking away from three great seasons, but i mean it's sitting there staring you right in the face. 

and uh he chose to go to chicago so yeah he knew what he was getting in to. 

Take away his big three years and he still has 569 receptions for his career.

How is that "mediocre to average"...?

12 hours ago, electro's horse said:

I remember when he put tape on his back over his name and wrote in "Decoy" because he wasn't getting the ball enough

14 hours ago, PhillyB said:

if muhsin was on this team he'd be our WR3

fap fap fap fap

The only receiver on our roster that you can put over Moose is KB. No other receiver on our team could carry Moose's mouthpiece.

He was a star during the Beurlein years and was arguably the best receiver in the league in 2004. In 2001 and 2002 he had garbage ass Chris Weinke and Rodney Peete throwing him the ball. During the other Delhomme years he was a solid WR2 behind Steve Smith. Don't even get me started on his QBs in Chicago on top of having Lovie Smith's offense. I agree he was a less severe Terrell Owens off the field but dogging on his performance is kinda ridiculous. There's no way he's not the second best receiver we've ever had until KB puts in more productive seasons

1 hour ago, imminent rogaine said:

He was inconsistent with effort for sure. Sometimes he'd look great, sometimes he'd quit on his routes. I remember being frustrated with him frequently.

We say that about every receiver we have at some point.

Archived