• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good lord....

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

You're wrong.

Watch Carolina-Atlanta 2 and say otherwise. St. Louis has always pushed Seattle to the brink because they've played each other twice a year... FOR YEARS. You can't base your opinion of Seattle just because a division rival kicks their ass every now and then.

Minnesota isn't a division rival and missed a chip shot for the win.  We were 17-2, they were 11-7.  You are what your record says you are, and they're a fringe playoff team who is decending based on blowing five years worth of first round picks, losing multiple key contributors, and having an all time bad OL on paper-which is what I said to start with.  

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Fox Sports lists their Superbowl Contenders. 

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfc-super-bowl-favorites-odds-2016-seattle-seahawks-green-bay-packers-052616

Panthers are #3. I guess that is fair. 

They list the 4-12 Cowboys as number 5 however. 

giphy.gif

You really don't watch ESPN and such do you? This,  literally happens,  every year. 

Just now, Promethean Forerunner said:

Please explain to me in detail how they're on the decline. Sherman, Thomas, Wagner, Wright, Bennett, and Chancellor still run that defense, and Wilson is still Wilson. On top of it all, Lockett, Clark and Rawls are legit. 

You're still on 2015? Good god man. It's over. Guess what? We're all 0-0. Last year's record is a poo method to measure future success. Hello, we were 7-8-1 before we went 15-1. Stop.

There are too many variables here to be playing Nostradameus especially with a perennial playoff contender.

If we can't base the future on the past, what can we base it on?  We knew that our OL was SIGNIFICANTLY better at the end of 2014 than the beginning/middle of that year.  The guys they're counting on have either showed NOTHING or are proven bums.

GMan himself says it's not pixie dust or magic, big men allow you to compete, don't need to be Nostradamus.

1 hour ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

I'm a homer but you do realize the Seahawks still got Rawls, Lockett and Clark, right? Their 2015 draft was a big hit. The Seahawks aren't going anywhere. They're going to be a thorn on our backside for years to come.

Oh I agree completely, but we are still better and they still lost key pieces. They will be good though you are right.

4 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

So you predicted that we would go 15-1 and be the #1 offense in the league without Benjamin, and having Oher as our starting LT and Ginn as our starting WR? Yeah, I'm gonna call shenanigans. Having a stronger OL meant diddly squat. Cam took his game to the next level to compensate for our deficiencies. Upgrading our Tackles did not put us over the top.

Again, you're basing an upcoming season on no research other than echoing G-Man. Yay! You can mimick like a domestic parrot. Congrats. However, you continue to ignore their strengths (defense, run game). Their key losses don't account for anything considering they've got young talent ready to step up.

You sound like a fugging Pigeon, Taint and Suc fan from last offseason justifying why we would finish last in the division.

you both have good points....the truth is somewhere in the middle. I am predicting Seattle going 10-6

34 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

So you predicted that we would go 15-1 and be the #1 offense in the league without Benjamin, and having Oher as our starting LT and Ginn as our starting WR? Yeah, I'm gonna call shenanigans. Having a stronger OL meant diddly squat. Cam took his game to the next level to compensate for our deficiencies. Upgrading our Tackles did not put us over the top.

Again, you're basing an upcoming season on no research other than echoing G-Man. Yay! You can mimick like a domestic parrot. Congrats. However, you continue to ignore their strengths (defense, run game). Their key losses don't account for anything considering they've got young talent ready to step up.

You sound like a fugging Pigeon, Taint and Suc fan from last offseason justifying why we would finish last in the division.

I said we were entering the greatest dynasty of the salary cap era and that I wouldn't trade Cam for anyone in the history of football after the 2013 Cardinals game and 1-3 start.  I was also in BOA when DeAngelo fumbled in 2013, giving those guys (although we didn't know it at the time) HFA and the Super Bowl.  THAT team had a bad OL, and it almost cost them games against the bottom of the barrel Texans, Bucs, and Rams.  But as bad as THAT OL was (Carpenter, Giacomini, McQuistan, Sweezy, Okung, and Unger), it was LIGHT YEARS better than this year's on paper.  That team also had not gone five years without a first round pick that contributed, and had lesser known key contributors (ex. Tony McDaniel (recovered the fumble)) that are long gone, and other guys that were in their prime (Clemons, Browner) who, in an act of living in the past desperation, they've resigned this offseason.

For the love of Pete (pun intended or not) man, I've said they're a fringe playoff team, due to their strengths.  But their MAJOR weaknesses will have them fighting again for a spot in January.  Do not be surprised if their QB has been carted off the field or if they're on the outside looking in at the turn of the New Year.

24 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

That's the thing. We assume they lost crucial pieces but Clark is more than ready to take over for an aging Mebane. Then there's Pierre-Louis ready to start along side Wright and Wagner. He's no pass rusher like Irving but he's 10x better in coverage. And finally, Rawls -- that guy looked like Beast Mode 2.0 behind that awful OL.

We gotta ask ourselves, did Seattle really lose out? Or are they ready to load up like we did?

Proves what YOU know, given that Clark was moved to LB.. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/20/frank-clark-now-listed-as-a-linebacker-after-dropping-15-pounds/

Reed was drafted to replace Mebane as a run stuffing DT after we drafted their target Butler.  

4 hours ago, SmashNDash said:

But but but Tony Romo will be back to save them! 

Even if he manages to finish the season while being held together by duct tape and over hyped expectations,  he'll choke in the play offs way before the sb. 

Archived