• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When you aren't good enough for Atlanta's defense....

Jeremy Igo

8 hours ago, electro's horse said:

As far as eggs before they hatch, are you literally a developmentally challenged pinhead born into a respirator? ....blah blah blah.... I MEAN MY GOD ARE YOU fuging INBRED

I was almost with you until you started hurling personal insults to somehow bolster your argument. Don't be a maroon...

Oh wait, I just did the same thing.....oops.

13 hours ago, electro's horse said:

out of necessity? what are you fuging talking about?

He lost an outside corner position to 85 year old Peanut Tillman. When that guy broke his hip getting out of bed for his pudding, instead of just moving Bene outside, they signed a street free agent and kept benewikere in the slot. They had every opportunity last year to put him outside, including "there isn't another player on the roster we feel comfortable with this responsibility," and they kept him where he was; having his ass covered by Luke Kuechly.

And you mean to tell me a coach is overtalking his player? wow that means a whole lot more than what actually happened just like six months ago. But I guess if it fits into your narrative that's more important, right?

Actually, it wasn't that Tilman outplayed him on the outside. It's that no one came close to being even functional at nickel other than Bene. How did you miss all this last year? 

13 hours ago, electro's horse said:

One safety, a journey man who is playing a new position, is above average. Tre boston is absolutely no one. 

Bene has consistently been graded as less than average. 

No one is saying the Falcons front seven is better than the Panthers. That's not under debate. The argument as I framed it is whether or not the Falcons secondary is better, right now, in a vaccum, than the Panthers, and sorry to say it but they are. 

Actually, Bene's consistently graded well on the outside during his time at that position. For example, 2014 when teams were supposed to be throwing at him instead of Josh: https://www.profootballfocus.com/sig-stats-ypcs-cornerbacks/

"The top performing rookie was Bené Benwikere of the Carolina Panthers, with 0.98 YPCS. Benwikere, a fifth round selection out of San Jose State, opened the season as the team’s slot corner before picking up an injury in Week 5. He was out for eight weeks but returned to start on the outside, finding terrific form during the Panthers’ late surge into the playoffs. He gave up just one touchdown all season, that coming in the divisional round game at Seattle."

Though he looked much better on the outside than in the nickel he did regress to the mean a bit in 2015 before his injury, but he still looked solid. That's hardly "consistently been graded as less than average."

31 minutes ago, Frank Hollywood said:

Actually, it wasn't that Tilman outplayed him on the outside. It's that no one came close to being even functional at nickel other than Bene. How did you miss all this last year? 

i mean yeah the panthers had horrible depth all over the secondary. 

Thats not relevant to bene's subpar play in the slot last year, or how the coaching staff brought in players from outside the organization to play on the outside. 

6 hours ago, electro's horse said:

i mean yeah the panthers had horrible depth all over the secondary. 

Thats not relevant to bene's subpar play in the slot last year, or how the coaching staff brought in players from outside the organization to play on the outside. 

What?? My entire argument was about how he's better on the outside and you said he's solely a slot guy according to the coaches and then you insinuated he was terrible on the outside. How is that not relevant?

Remember you said:

On 5/26/2016 at 7:19 AM, electro's horse said:

And before anyone says something about benewikere he is exclusively a slot corner (that's not me, that's the coaches) that graded out poorly by PFF standards last year as well so get off my nuts in advance. 

Then i said

"What? Where did you get that from? Bene played the nickel out of necessity last year and Rivera said he'll be competing for an outside corner position this year."

Archived